Raspberry Coffee Cake with Almonds
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Do you love coffee cake? Wait until you try this Raspberry Coffee Cake with Almonds! This delicious raspberry coffee cake is moist and delicious and tastes amazing. Enjoy a piece while having your coffee.
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
The Best Raspberry Coffee Cake with Almonds
This deliciously versatile cake can be used for so many occasions! Whether you’re hoping to enjoy it as a birthday treat or simply as a way to satisfy your sweet tooth at breakfast, this raspberry almond cake is perfect. The combination of sweet berries and salty almonds creates a delicious bite no matter when you plan to eat it.
On top of being delicious, you’ll also love how easy to this raspberry almond cake is to make. So what are you waiting for? Keep scrolling to find out how to make your own raspberry almond coffee cake!
Simple Coffee Cake Variations
I love coffee cake. Whenever I make a simple coffee cake I like to try different variations with it. The classic combination of raspberry and almond are so delicious together. But there are so many different ways you can alter this recipe to suit your own tastes. Here are a few simple ways to create a new version of this coffee cake recipe:
- Blueberry Almond: If raspberries aren’t your thing, why not try blueberries instead? Simply swap the raspberries with fresh blueberries to create a blueberry almond coffee cake recipe in place of a raspberry almond cake.
- Caramel Apple: To add a little fall flavor to this recipe, swap out the raspberries for diced apples and the almonds for chopped pecans. Then, take the fall flavor to the next level by topping your baked coffee cake with a drizzle of caramel.
- Blackberry Coffee Cake: Blackberries are another great variation to this raspberry almond coffee cake recipe. Replace the raspberries in the recipe with blackberries to add a tartness to the cake that beautifully counteracts the sweetness in the cake batter.
Can I Make Coffee Cake Muffins with this Recipe?
Coffee Cake Muffins are great because it is the great taste of coffee cake but in smaller individual servings. It also makes it easier to grab a muffin to take with you. If you decide to make this Raspberry Almond Cake as coffee cake muffins it will change the bake time. To make this into muffins the bake time is about 20 to 22 minutes. This will vary depending on your oven and the size of your muffins so be sure to check for doneness about 15 minutes.
Can I Use a Mini Bundt Pan for this Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake?
Of course! This raspberry almond cake would be just as delicious when made in a mini bundt pan. And the cake would look so adorable in a mini size! While you won’t need to adjust the recipe when baking this raspberry almond cake in mini bundt pans, you will need to adjust the cooking time. The bake time will be cut in half when using mini pans, so bake the cakes for 15 minutes, then check their doneness and adjust the additional bake time accordingly.
Why did my Raspberry Almond Cake Recipe Stick to the Pan?
There are a couple of different reasons your cake may be sticking to the pan, but the most common reason is that you didn’t use enough nonstick cooking spray. Sometimes, your cake can be salvaged if it’s stuck to the pan. If the cake does not jiggle free from the pan when you flip it upside down, try placing the pan in the freezer for an hour. After the time is up, use a thin spatula or butter knife to loosen the edges of the cake from the pan, then flip the pan over and jiggle the pan again to loosen the cake.
When to Serve Coffee and Cake?
There are so many great reasons to enjoy a slice of this delicious raspberry almond cake! Here are a few reasons to make this amazing coffee cake recipe:
- Breakfast or Brunch: There’s no better way to start your day than with a delicious sweet treat at breakfast or brunch! Enjoy a slice of this raspberry almond coffee cake with your morning coffee to start your day off right.
- Showers: If you’re looking for a delicious dessert for your next baby or wedding shower, look no further. This beautiful cake is just what you need on your dessert table at your next shower.
- Birthday: While most people opt for a more traditional cake on their birthday, sometimes you need something a little bit different. This raspberry almond cake is a great choice for your next birthday celebration.
- Potluck: This yummy cake will be a big hit at your next potluck dinner. Whether you’re attending an outdoor BBQ or a formal holiday dinner, your friends and family will love biting into a slice of this raspberry almond coffee cake.
Ingredients in Raspberry Coffee Cake with Almonds
- granulated sugar
- almond extract
- sour cream
- baking soda
- baking powder
- fresh raspberries
How to Make Raspberry Coffee Cake with Almonds
This recipe for the raspberry almond cake is so easy to make, it only takes eight steps! Here is how to make your own raspberry almond coffee cake:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a bundt pan by spraying it liberally with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla, eggs, and sour cream and mix all the ingredients until smooth.
Mix in the flour, baking soda, and baking powder until well combined.
Fold half the almonds and raspberries into the batter, being careful not to over mix the ingredients.
Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
Tap the pan on the counter to smooth the batter and remove air bubbles.
Sprinkle the remaining almonds and raspberries over the top of the batter. Pat the berries and almonds into the batter to create an even layer.
Bake the cake for 45 to 50 minutes.
Allow the cake to cool completely, then top with vanilla or cream cheese glaze before serving.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Raspberry Coffee Cake with Almonds
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 cup chopped almonds, divided
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars. Add in vanilla, eggs and sour cream and mix until smooth.
- Mix in flour, baking soda and baking powder. Fold in half the almonds and raspberries
- Prepare bundt pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray. Spread cake batter in the pan and pat down. Top with remaining raspberries and almonds. Pat them down into the batter.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes. Top with a vanilla or cream cheese frosting or glaze.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
More Coffee Cake Recipes
I love coffee cake and I love making different flavors and varieties. Try these other great tasting coffee cake recipes
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake Recipe – Every bite has an intense pumpkin flavor that is seriously out of this world.
Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake – The tangy flavors of the lemon coffee cake will leave you begging for more.
Fresh Peach Coffee Cake Recipe – This coffee crumb cake is perfect when looking for fresh peach recipes.
Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake – This cake is bursting with flavor, all it takes is one bite to know you need to save this recipe.