Pumpkin Roundup

It’s time to whip up all those pumpkin treats you’ve been longing for all summer long! Ahhhh…pumpkin season has arrived! This is my favorite season to bake. Pumpkin anything and everything are always on my list. Pumpkin bread, scones, pancakes, cakes, soup, muffins, cookies…the list goes on and on! Just thinking about pumpkin makes my mouth water! :) Growing up in Columbus, Ohio, every fall we would go to the Circleville Pumpkin Show. A whole festival dedicated to my favorite fall fruit! It was one of my favorite things about fall. We would make our way around the giant pumpkins weighing over 1,600 pounds, 14 feet wide pumpkin pies, parades, marching bands and of course every pumpkin food you could think of! Since moving to Peoria, I was surprised to learn that I lived very close to Morton, Illinois-the Pumpkin Capital of the World! Morton is home of Nestle/Libby’s pumpkin packing plant. According to the University of Illinois, 90 percent of the pumpkins grown in the United States are raised within a 90-mile radius of Peoria, Illinois. About 5,000 acres of the farm land is devoted to producing the pumpkins used for Libby’s Pumpkin. With my love of anything pumpkin, I am beginning to think that Peoria is a great place for me to be! ;) I was super excited to hear that the annual Morton Pumpkin Festival starts today and runs through Saturday. I know where we will be this weekend! ;)

I want to share with you some of my favorite pumpkin recipes that I posted last fall before I start with a new round of pumpkin recipes. Do you love Pumpkin recipes as much as I do?

Pumpkin Roundup

Pumpkin Scones:

Moist and delicious pumpkin scones, with the sweet taste of pumpkin and spices of fall, are brushed with a scrumptious powered sugar and drizzled with a spicy glaze.

Spiced Pumpkin Buttermilk Biscuits:

These tender, flaky Pumpkin Buttermilk Biscuits are wonderful for an autumn breakfast or even for Thanksgiving dinner! The pumpkin puree gives these biscuits a beautiful golden color and moist crumb, making them an amazing alternative to the boring dinner roll.

Pumpkin Pancakes:

Fluffy pumpkin pancakes packed with pureed pumpkin, fall spices and topped with walnuts and honey butter.

Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream

Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream {Sweet Pea's Kitchen}

A blend of warm spices, pumpkin puree and a splash of bourbon make this rich and creamy ice cream simply irresistible.

Pumpkin Mac and Cheese:

This seasonal twist on the classic macaroni and cheese is the ultimate comfort food for fall.

Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins

Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins {Sweet Pea's Kitchen}

Pumpkin muffins are baked and then coated in a cinnamon and sugar coating to taste just like a doughnut!

Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies:

These pumpkin spice sugar cutout cookies are delicious and so fun to decorate for fall.

Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting:

Moist and soft Pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting are one of my favorite pumpkin recipes.

Ooey Gooey Caramel Pumpkin Blondies

Ooey Gooey Caramel Pumpkin Blondies {Sweet Pea's Kitchen}

Super moist pumpkin blondies with a gooey caramel, walnut and chocolate layer running through the center.

Spiced Pumpkin Rolls:

These Spiced Pumpkin Rolls are a seasonal spin on the classic dinner roll!

Pumpkin Whoppie Pies:

Two pumpkin cake cookies with a delicious maple cinnamon cream cheese filling layered in between.

Pumpkin-Walnut Focaccia with Gruyère:

Pumpkin focaccia sprinkled with Gruyère cheese, walnuts and pumpkin seeds. A delicious fall focaccia to go with hearty fall soups.

Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze

Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze {Sweet Pea's Kitchen}

Moist pumpkin coffee cake finished off with a brown sugar glaze. It’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert.

Pumpkin Cranberry Chocolate Chip Granola Bars:

These Pumpkin Cranberry Chocolate Chip Granola Bars make a great portable snack or breakfast on the go.

Rum Raisin Pumpkin Bread Pudding:

Warm bread pudding made with pumpkin bread and pumpkin puree is sure to be a hit with any pumpkin lover in your house. Filled with rum soaked golden raisins and topped with a dollop of cinnamon whipped cream and a drizzling of a butter rum glaze. With all the flavors of a pumpkin pie, it doesn’t get any better than this!

Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Muffins

Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Muffins {Sweet Pea's Kitchen}

Moist and tender with a brown sugar swirl running through the middle and topped with a pecan streusel.

Pumpkin Roll:

Moist spiced pumpkin cake with spirals of creamy cream cheese filling is the perfect dessert for fall!

Harvest Pumpkin Soup:

Rich and creamy Harvest Pumpkin Soup is sure to warm you up when the air turns crisp. A delicious mix of onions, pumpkin purée, cumin, coriander, nutmeg, maple syrup and sweet cream.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread:

Incredibly moist and spicy pumpkin bread exploding with chocolate chips is the perfect choice on a cool fall morning.

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles:

With their crinkly tops and a dusting of cinnamon sugar, these chewy pumpkin cookies are sure to become a fall favorite. These soft, and chewy cookies are rolled in cinnamon and sugar before baking to produce a scrumptious crinkly sugar crust.

Pumpkin Pie Pudding:

This light and delicious pudding topped with candied walnuts and whipped cream tastes just like pumpkin pie!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies:

Delicious spicy soft pumpkin cookies packed with chocolate chips and drizzled with a spice glaze. These cookies are guaranteed to become a favorite fall recipe in your home.

Pumpkin Fudge:

Rich and creamy pumpkin fudge speckled with walnuts and spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.

Pumpkin Muffins:

Spicy pumpkin muffins packed with walnuts, raisins and spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice.

Pumpkin Pie Crepes:

These delicate crêpes are a great, unique way to use up leftover Pumpkin Pie.

Pumpkin Oatmeal:

Hearty oatmeal spiced with cinnamon, cloves, and pureed pumpkin, topped with walnuts, cranberries and a sprinkling of brown sugar.

Homemade Pumpkin Puree:

Homemade pumpkin puree!

Pumpkin Gingersnap Ice Cream:

Rich and creamy pumpkin ice cream speckled with gingersnap cookies-the perfect fall treat!

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls:

Packed with pumpkin, a mixture of warm spices and topped with a rich cream cheese icing, these cinnamon rolls are destined to become a favorite during the holidays at your house!

Pumpkin Corn Bread:

Moist pumpkin corn bread sweetened with cinnamon, nutmeg and molasses then smeared with honey butter, an excellent accompaniment to any fall meal.

Pumpkin Pie:

Silky smooth pumpkin pie. The best pumpkin pie recipe ever!

Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting:

Delicious soft cookies are spiced with cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and drizzled with a cream cheese frosting.

Pumpkin-Bourbon Cheesecake:

Smooth and creamy bourbon spiked pumpkin cheesecake with a graham cracker-pecan crust is topped with a dollop of Brown Sugar and Bourbon Cream.

Pumpkin Bread:

Moist and spicy Pumpkin Bread spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and pumpkin spice then drizzled with a spiced glaze.

Pumpkin Pie Pockets:

Portable pie bites filled with pumpkin pie and baked in a homemade flakey pie crust, what’s not to love?!

Pumpkin Chili:

Hearty, comforting and packed with warm spices and pumpkin puree, this seasonal spin on chili is delicious!

Pumpkin Gingersnap Cookies:

A delicious autumn spin on the classic gingersnap cookie! These soft, and cakey cookies are rolled in pumpkin pie spice and sugar before baking to produce a scrumptious crinkly sugar crust.

Pumpkin Pie Biscotti

Crunchy Pumpkin Biscotti chock-full of toasted pecans and just waiting to be dunked in your morning coffee.

I hope you enjoyed my pumpkin roundup! I would love to hear how any of the recipes turn out for you! Drop me a comment and let me know here or you can even upload a picture over on the Facebook Fan Page for Sweet Pea’s Kitchen! :D

One Year Ago: Homemade Salsa

51 Responses to “Pumpkin Roundup”

Elisabeth — September 14, 2011 @ 12:07 pm

I just looked up the Pumpkin Show website and I will actually be in Ohio then!!! I’ll have to see if I can convince my family to take a trip to Circleville! And everything looked delicious! I have a pumpkin gingerbread recipe that is my all time fall favorite, pumpkin pancakes come in at 2nd place.

• Elisabeth replied: — September 14th, 2011 @ 12:08 pm

Oh, and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! ;)

Rufus' Food and Spirits Guide — September 14, 2011 @ 12:13 pm

Oh wow thanks for pulling all those together!

Amy — September 14, 2011 @ 12:20 pm

oh my gosh, I love all things pumpkin too…you’ve gotten me so excited for fall! Pumpkin Roll is definitely on my list of things to make this holiday season. Yours came out great :)

jennknee — September 14, 2011 @ 12:33 pm

Pumpkins EVERYWHERE!! My mouth is watering :) By the way…I’m going to a “fall bbq” next week and I was asked to bring something sweet. Problem is…I do not currently have an oven in my little “bachelorette” pad. Any suggestions of a no bake treat that would be a sure fire hit to bring?

sportsglutton — September 14, 2011 @ 1:13 pm

90% of all the pumpkins in the states are grown around Morton…that is crazy!

Great round-up of recipes and there are a few that I’ll have to give a try.

microwavegoddess — September 14, 2011 @ 2:11 pm

Pumpkin is one of my favorites, can’t wait to try the pumpkin gingersnap ice cream!

Michael Ann Riley — September 14, 2011 @ 2:18 pm

You are SERIOUS! OMG is all I can say. My jaw dropped to the ground when I saw all these recipes. I want to make ALL of them. Holy cow those look good!!! I don’t even know where to begin!! But I will….oh I will…..

Thank you!
    Michael Ann

ChgoJohn — September 14, 2011 @ 3:18 pm

I thought, by now, I had grown accustomed to being “wowed” whenever I came to your blog. And then came your pumpkin extravaganza! You’ve actually managed to outdo yourself! What a great post!

Sara — September 14, 2011 @ 3:29 pm

Oh, you must go to the Morton Pumpkin Festival! I am originally from Washington, IL (just moved to Ohio a little over a year ago.) We would go every year! The pumpkin pancakes on Saturday morning are delicious – just have to get there early to avoid waiting in line for an hour plus. Also, the pumpkin donuts are fantastic, and the pumpkin ice cream. And the pumpkin chili. Heh. I guess everything.

My husband & I are actually going home to visit this weekend for a 40th anniversary party and I am so glad it coincides with the Pumpkin fest! I will be running the 10km Saturday morning. :)

• Elisabeth replied: — September 14th, 2011 @ 5:37 pm

Oh I had forgotten about pumpkin chili! I made some last year. Thanks for the reminder.

Grace@ FoodFitnessFreshAir — September 14, 2011 @ 3:57 pm

I can’t believe we’re moving into pumpkin season already! Where’d summer go? All of this pumpkin recipes look amazingly delicious. Can’t wait to carve into some pumpkins this fall!

Richa@HobbyandMore — September 14, 2011 @ 5:08 pm

thats one big pumkin goodies explosion!! i cant choose any one.. the bars and the rolls look awesome! wait.. the pancakes too!!

Caroline — September 14, 2011 @ 5:20 pm

Pumpkin season makes me all giddy inside. I can’t wait to start cooking with it again! All of these recipes are making me drool…especially the pumpkin bars, roll, fudge and ice cream! Must make all of these soon.

happywhennothungry — September 14, 2011 @ 5:35 pm

Love this entire roundup of recipes! They all look beautiful. Def need to try some of them :-)

Anne Renouf — September 14, 2011 @ 7:24 pm

I’m from Columbus, Ohio too! Go bucks! I plan on going to the Pumpkin show everyday it’s here! Their website features many pumpkin recipes! I want to make pumpkin burgers for the boyfriend. He lived right in the middle of Circleville. Great blog…so many recipes that I continue to share excitedly to all of my friends and family. :)

Anne

thedrivencook — September 14, 2011 @ 9:07 pm

This makes me look forward to Fall even more!

Anita Menon — September 14, 2011 @ 11:51 pm

So many options. A Wonderful round up of fall treats. I think the granola bar and the loafs sound very interesting

chicaandaluza — September 15, 2011 @ 2:26 am

These all look amazing – we have a neighbour who grows pumpkins, do hope he give us a few this year as he usually does!

Elizebeth — September 15, 2011 @ 2:34 am

two words… pumpkin cheesecake!

Sandi — September 15, 2011 @ 7:34 am

Wow, you do enjoy pumpkin! Nicely done :)
    I like the way you decorated the granola bars too-

Warm Vanilla Sugar — September 15, 2011 @ 8:25 am

Oh my! What a great round up! I need to get my paws on some of these recipes. Vive la Pumpkin!

Angela FRS — September 15, 2011 @ 9:03 am

I love the idea of pumpkin cornbread–definitely going to make that one.

Erin — September 15, 2011 @ 9:59 am

Love the sound of that pumpkin pudding!

meettheswans — September 15, 2011 @ 10:02 am

You pumpkin recipes sounds amazing! I’m especially loving the Pumpkin Fudge and Pumpkin Roll! Yum! Also, a heads up that I’m sending you an e-mail to the address you have on here!

Krista {Budget Gourmet Mom} — September 15, 2011 @ 10:10 am

Fantastic round-up!! Everything looked so delicious and I can’t wait to break out the pumpkin!

25. Pingback: Pumpkin-Walnut Focaccia with Gruyère | Sweet Pea's Kitchen

The Farmers Wife — September 15, 2011 @ 4:43 pm

Oh dang… This is a great round up of pumpkin recipes! Thanks so much for sharing! Love this post!

Lauren @ hey, who cut the cheese? — September 15, 2011 @ 5:08 pm

Can’t wait to try so many of these recipes! Thanks so much for sharing. =)

Shauna — September 15, 2011 @ 5:37 pm

Wow, someone sure loves pumpkin!
    I’m excited to try some of those recipes. The only one I’ve made (and love!!!) is the scones.

Cassie [Bake Your Day] — September 15, 2011 @ 6:47 pm

I’m loving these! Those pumpkin cookies look similar to ones that I make, I love them! Your orange glaze looks so good!

Elizabeth — September 15, 2011 @ 8:44 pm

Thank you for sharing all of these wonderful pumpkin recipes! I will be making the pancakes this Saturday in honor of the pumpkin festival; this way I don’t have to stand in line! I absolutely LOVE the Morton pumpkin festival! My family is from East Peoria, IL and I have been going to the festival since I was a little girl =) I am a junior at the University of Illinois and I have gone home every year, including this one, for it. I need my yearly fix of pumpkin ice cream and pumpkin chili! I hope you have a wonderful time there this weekend! Happy Pumpkin-ing!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — September 16, 2011 @ 8:57 am

Ah I want everything!

Eliot — September 16, 2011 @ 10:29 am

I can’t wait for fall either and all things pumpkin. Unfortunately, the small pumpkin I was actually able to harvest won’t be enough to make all of these scrumptious things!!!! I plan on working my way through this list.

Sarah E. — September 17, 2011 @ 10:37 am

This whole post just makes me happy – yum!

Hester aka The Chef Doc — September 17, 2011 @ 4:04 pm

Oh my gosh, what a roundup this was! These are all droolicious recipes! I can’t wait to dive in!

Michelle — September 17, 2011 @ 7:00 pm

What an awesome lineup… It could totally be a fall checklist!

Heather — September 18, 2011 @ 8:41 am

My mouth is seriously watering!!! I can’t wait to try some of these!!

Louisa [Living Lou] — September 20, 2011 @ 2:36 pm

Gosh I just love pumpkin! Can’t wait to try out some of these recipes.

38. Pingback: Make your own pumpkin pie spice « Eliot's Eats

Laura @ A Healthy Jalapeño — September 21, 2011 @ 8:03 pm

OMG this is everything heavenly pumpkin. I can’t believe how many incredibly delicious recipes you have here, I don’t even know what would be my favorite. Love it all. Newest follower! :)

Claire Bearc — September 24, 2011 @ 1:41 pm

you’ve supplied me with october’s month of food

41. Pingback: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies | Sweet Pea's Kitchen

42. Pingback: Sweet Pea's Kitchen » Chicken Hand Pies or Chicken Pasties

Caroline — September 14, 2012 @ 12:38 pm

I’m way behind on checking up on blogs that I’m just now seeing your new site–it looks amazing, Christina! I love it. And you’re killin’me with this pumpkin roundup. Everything looks SO good…can’t wait to start cooking/baking with pumpkin. :)

Kat — September 16, 2012 @ 7:01 pm

Being a pumpkin lover myself, my mouth is simply watering right now. I already made a batch of those pumpkin scones and they were amazing!

• Christina replied: — September 17th, 2012 @ 9:44 pm

Yay! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the scones Kat! They are one of my favorite recipes this time of year! :)

45. Pingback: Sweet Pea's Kitchen » Pumpkin Chili

Vera Zecevic – Cupcakes Garden — September 20, 2012 @ 3:10 am

Really nice post ! So many delicious pumpkin treats! Thank you for your effort!

Dana — September 24, 2012 @ 6:12 pm

I can’t wait to try your pumpkin bars!! I’m a teacher in Peoria too and am going to make these for a fellow teacher’s birthday this week! Thanks for sharing all your delicious recipes…love your website!

Alaine — October 25, 2013 @ 8:00 am

Oh my! I’m in Pumpkin heaven! I do love all things pumpkin…I had forgot about the pumpkin chili, which I had made years ago…Many thanks for all these recipes! Will be baking very, very soon!