Enjoy Easy Pumpkin Soup
If you love fall flavors you are going to love this soup. Rich and creamy, this is an easy pumpkin soup that comes together in no time. Make this soup on a cool fall night.
Can you make this a vegan pumpkin soup
If you love pumpkin soup but need a vegan-friendly pumpkin soup, you can easily change this to a vegan recipe. Since most of the ingredients are vegan already, the only change to this recipe is to switch the butter to olive oil. This makes the recipe vegan and ready for anyone to eat.
How Long Does Pumpkin Soup Last
When you make this soup it is important to let the soup cool before putting it away. If not, it runs the risk of not reaching the right temperature to stop bacteria from forming. Once the soup is ready, put it in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator. When the soup is stored properly, it will last up to 3 days before it starts to spoil. If you can not finish the soup before it spoils, you can also freeze it to save for another time.
Best methods for how to freeze soup
There are two methods I use when freezing soup. I like to freeze soup in freezer bags. I put the cooled soup into gallon-sized freezer bags when I am freezer it for a family meal or quart-sized freezer bags as a single serving. After the bag is filled and sealed, then I lay it flat on the freezer shelf. This freezes the soup in a thin long design which is easier to stack and takes less space.
The other way to freeze soup is to use an airtight container. This is a great way to freeze soup if you want to be able to go from freezer to refrigerator to microwave easily. For some people, this is an easier way to stack their soup and it makes a better option. If you are freezing soup in containers make sure to leave room for the liquid to expand.
There are benefits and cons to each way of freezing soup, so in the end, it comes down to personal preference and space.
What to serve with this creamy pumpkin soup
I love to make soup and serve it with a great piece of bread of biscuits and salad. When making this pumpkin soup, these Cheesy Quick Biscuits Recipe is the perfect addition. The biscuits are perfect for dipping. Not only does it taste good together, but the biscuits also do not fall apart in the soup. As a bonus, I love how the cheese tastes with the pumpkin
Ingredients for pumpkin soup
- vegetable broth
- pumpkin puree or fresh pumpkin
- white onion
- salt and pepper
How to make this easy pumpkin soup recipe
Step 1. Place butter and onions into a sauce pan.
Step 2. Bring to medium heat and cook until onions are transparent.
Step 3. Add pumpkin puree and vegetable broth.
Step 4. Whisk well. Set to low and cook for 3 minutes.
Step 5. Add thyme and stir. Top with salt and pepper. Serve.
More Pumpkin Recipes
If you love pumpkin, here are some more amazing pumpkin recipes that I think you will love.
- Pumpkin Breakfast Casserole – This pumpkin breakfast casserole is so easy to make and perfect for anyone craving pumpkin. Ideal for breakfast or brunch, this casserole is going to be a crowd pleaser
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake – This amazing pumpkin bundt cake is easy to make and the cream cheese filling is out of this world. This cake is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- Pumpkin Poke Cake -If you love pumpkin, you need to try this Pumpkin Poke Cake. This is a play on my favorite Pumpkin Bars that turned into its own amazing dessert cake.
- Pumpkin Scones – These pumpkin scones are moist and delicious with a sweet taste of pumpkin and topped with scrumptious powdered sugar and drizzled with a spicy glaze.
- Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts – These no fry donuts are perfect for any pumpkin lover. Baked and not fried, these pumpkin spice donuts are perfection for anyone who loves pumpkin spice.
- Pumpkin Meringue Pie Recipe With all the traditional flavors of pumpkin pie, this Pumpkin Meringue pie is made with pumpkin pie filling and then topped with a sweet meringue to give this a whole new level of deliciousness. This is one of those recipes that everyone will be begging you for.
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can pumpkin puree or fresh pumpkin roasted and pureed
- 1/2 white onion; diced
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon butter (or 1 teaspoon olive oil)
- salt and pepper
- Place butter and onions into a sauce pan. Bring to medium heat and cook until onions are transparent.
- Add pumpkin puree and vegetable broth. Whisk well. Set to low and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add thyme and stir. Top with salt and pepper. Serve.
Save this soup on Pinterest for later 🙂