This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Baked Apple Walnut Oatmeal packed with healthy oats, apples, cranberries, and walnuts.
This delicious baked oatmeal is seen everywhere in Pennsylvania Dutch Country. Many of the bed and breakfasts and restaurants in the area have this on their breakfast menu. If you have never had baked oatmeal before, you are in for a treat! This unexpected morning treat is a mix between an oatmeal bar and traditional creamy breakfast oatmeal.
This recipe comes from Cooking Light, so you know it has to be good! 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Baked Apple Walnut Oatmeal
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 apple, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, cranberries, walnuts, and baking powder; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, vanilla, grated apple, butter, and egg. Add milk mixture to oat mixture; stir well. Pour oat mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Source: adapted from Cooking Light, October 2003