Banana Espresso Chocolate Chip bread exploding with chocolate chips and a touch of delicious coffee flavor. This is your answer to a scrumptious breakfast on the go! Every morning my husband rushes off to work without grabbing anything for breakfast. I usually throw a granola bar or a banana at him as he is rushing out the door. When I walked into the kitchen the other day and saw a brown speckled bunch of bananas sitting on the counter, I knew that I would be making banana bread when I got home from work. I love baking bread when it is cold outside, the incredible smell fills my house and makes it warm and cozy. I promise that this bread will become your go to banana bread recipe!
Once the bread has cooled completely tightly wrap in plastic wrap-I swear this bread only gets better as the days go by. The flavors mingle together and it stays incredibly moist.
- 1 1/2 cups mashed, very ripe bananas (about 4)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour one 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the bananas, sugars, butter, milk, and egg; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, instant espresso powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the well and stir just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth surface with a rubber spatula. Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool completely before serving, at least 1 hour.