If you are looking for a quick and easy crowd pleasing snack for your New Years Eve party, I’ve got you covered.
These no-bake bars are not only incredibly delicious but super easy to make! Layers of buttery crackers, chewy homemade caramel, chocolate, peanut butter, and butterscotch are topped off with a sprinkling of roasted peanuts.
Depending on whether your baking pan has straight or curved sides, you may or may not use as many crackers as suggested. This salty sweet combination won’t last long, so you might as well double the recipe! 😉
For the Base and Second Layer:
- 48-64 butter crackers (rectangular), divided
For the Caramel:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- pinch salt
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Arrange 1/2 the crackers in the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan, breaking a few to fit if needed. Cracks between the crackers are OK, just don’t leave any gaping holes. aside;set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat boil all caramel ingredients for 3 minutes, or until sugars melt. Stir constantly to prevent scorching.
- Pour caramel over crackers and spread with an offset spatula to cover evenly. Top caramel with another layer of crackers, arranging them in the same manner as the first layer.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat melt peanut butter and chips until smooth. Drizzle over crackers and spread with an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle peanuts over the chocolate and chill until set, at least 2 hours.
- Cut bars lengthwise into 2 ¼ inch wide strips. Remove strips from pan and cut at a 45-degree angle to form diamond shapes.
Source: Cuisine Cookies for the Holidays