Buttery chocolate shortbread cookies with mint frosting and chocolate drizzle.
Buttery, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate cookie perfection! I’ve made these shortbread cookies twice in the past 3 days…that’s how good they are! If you love those little Andes mints, you will go crazy for these cookies.
These two-bite chocolate cookies are seriously addicting. The creamy mint frosting and chocolate drizzle take these cookies over the top!
If you’re looking for a special treat to make for St. Patrick’s Day, make Chocolate-Peppermint Shortbread Cookies. They’re sure to disappear faster than green beer! 😀
For the Cookies:
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar Dash of salt 1/4-1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate, melted, cooled slightly 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened 1 tablespoon milk, divided 1/4-1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract 1 drop green food color
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips 1/2 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- Heat oven to 375°F. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter, sugar, salt, peppermint extract, and melted chocolate until creamy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low.
- Add flour and beat until mixture forms a dough, about 2 minutes. Stir in 1 cup mini chocolate chips by hand.
- Using a tablespoon, mold dough into a 1 ½ inch ball. With your hand, flatten balls into a 1-1/2-inch round and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together all frosting ingredients.
- Add milk, 1 teaspoonful at a time, until frosting is smooth. Frost cooled cookies. Place on waxed paper.
- To make the drizzle: Place chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Drizzle thin lines of chocolate over frosting.
- Let stand until chocolate is set (at least 30 minutes).