Healthy, portable, and delicious granola bites packed with dried fruit, healthy nuts and seeds. They are the perfect for an on the go breakfast or afternoon snack. Just pop one of these granola bites in your mouth for an instant energy boost to keep you satisfied for hours. I am one of those people who always has something in their purse to munch on just in case.
My go to snack is usually a granola or protein bar. The Fruit and Nut Granola Bars are my favorite to make. I usually make them about once a week and throw them into lunch boxes, my gym bag, or purse.
I decided that I needed to turn my favorite granola bar recipe into a pop-able snack. I used a mixture of six different dried fruits for these granola bites, but you can substitute 1 1/2 cups of your favorite dried fruits. Happy “pop”ing! 😀
- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 3/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped apricots
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two mini muffin tins with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine oatmeal, almonds, and coconut. Spread onto a sheet pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and stir in the pistachios, peanuts, wheat germ, flaxseed and sunflower kernels.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt to a boil. Cook and stir for a minute, then pour over the toasted oatmeal mixture. Add the blueberries, cherries, raisins, apricots, cranberries and golden raisins and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared muffin tins. Using a small piece of parchment paper, press mixture evenly into muffin cup; Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until light golden brown. Cool for at least 30 minutes in muffin tins before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.