This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This past weekend my parents sent me home with a ton of fresh tomatoes from their garden. As I was thinking about what delicious recipes I could make with all of these tomatoes I immediately thought of salsa! What better recipe to make with all of these ripe tomatoes? 🙂 My family loves to eat chips and salsa and this is one recipe that I seem to make once a week at my house. Besides this homemade red salsa, I have made two types of salsa over the summer- peach and apple salsa and peach and pepper salsa. My husband and I love hot and spicy dishes, however, if hot and spicy are not your thing, simply seed the jalapeno before mincing.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
- 3 very ripe tomatoes, about 2 pounds, cored and diced small
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 medium red onion, diced small
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup lime juice from 4 medium limes
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Mix all ingredients, including salt to taste, in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate to blend flavors, at least 1 hour and up to 5 days.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!