Instant Pot Cashew Chicken has healthy veggies, crunchy cashews, and tender, juicy chicken. You can make a meal in your kitchen, that’s way better than take out! Plus, it makes lovely leftovers and will please just about anyone’s palate. Get hooked on this dreamy dinner after the very first taste.
Instant Pot Cashew Chicken Recipe
It’s truly amazing that you can make a batch of cashew chicken and be devouring it in under 30 minutes! It’s super fast to make, and it tastes like the seasonings have been marinating for days.
Don’t get me wrong, I love eating take out as much as the next person, but there are so many times I don’t feel like going anywhere. Why not make something incredible at home instead. I played around with this recipe until I got it just the way I like it, and I couldn’t be more impressed. The chicken cooks up beautifully in the pressure cooker, and the sauce and seasoning are beyond amazing.
We love to serve cashew chicken on a big bed of fluffy rice or with some egg rolls. Sometimes we will put a little bit of the cashew chicken on a large lettuce leave and roll it up like a wrap. That is one of our favorites because it’s so healthy and delicious. Another way we eat it is by itself with nothing else. It’s so good it can stand alone without needing anything else!
The best part is that you can make a big batch and eat it for lunch or dinner the next day too.
Can I Use Chicken Breasts for Cashew Chicken?
Yes, you can absolutely use chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs for this cashew chicken. The main difference between chicken thighs and breasts is that the thighs are juicier and fattier meat. It lends itself well to recipes like this Instant Pot cashew chicken. If you simply don’t like chicken thighs or have them on hand, breasts will do the same thing. It’s important to note that chicken breasts will be a little denser and possibly dryer than the chicken thighs.
Do I Use Raw or Salted Cashews in This Recipe?
We actually prefer to use roasted cashews for this amazing pressure cooker cashew chicken. You can try it with raw or salted if you want to. When using salt, you should omit the salt from the recipe, or it will be too salty and not taste as good. Plus, if you are trying to cut back on sodium salted cashews may not be the best option for you. Eat what you like, and it will turn out great.
What Vegetables are Best in Cashew Chicken Recipe?
Traditionally, most cashew chicken recipes have broccoli and red bell peppers in them. However, you can add in more veggies if you want to. Edamame, mushrooms, onions, water chestnuts, and pretty much anything else you like would probably go great. So add in your favorites to get extra nutrients.
The chicken is wonderful, but the sauce steals the show when it comes to this Instant Pot cashew chicken. I can’t wait for you to try it and know for yourself how awesome it is. Here is a list of ingredients to getting you started:
- All-purpose flour
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced into 1-inch pieces
- Sesame oil
- Olive oil
- Broccoli florets
- Red bell peppers, diced small
- Minced garlic
- Red pepper flakes
- Roasted cashews, halved
- Low-sodium soy sauce
- Rice wine vinegar
- Asian chili garlic sauce
- Minced ginger
- Green onions for garnish
How to Make Instant Pot Cashew Chicken
Cooking cashew chicken in the pressure cooker is incredible. The Instant Pot does most of the work, and you will have hardly any dishes to clean up. It’s perfect for dinner parties or busy nights when you don’t feel like leaving the house. Let’s take a look at these easy steps to follow:
First Step: Pour the cornstarch, flour, salt, pepper, and chicken into a large ziplock bag.
Second Step: Close the ziplock bag and remove the extra air. Shake the bag, so the chicken gets properly coated.
Third Step: Place the sesame oil and olive oil in the Instant Pot and turn it to saute. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes. Make sure to stir it frequently, so it doesn’t burn. The chicken will be cooked almost all the way through.
Fourth Step: Pour in the broccoli, red bell peppers, and garlic into the pressure cooker. Stir well, so everything is combined.
Fifth Step: Prepare the sauce by mixing the soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, chili-garlic sauce, and ginger in a medium bowl. Whisk together.
Sixth Step: Pour the freshly made sauce over the top of the chicken and veggies.
Seventh Step: Put the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the vent is sealed.
Eighth Step: Turn the pressure cooker to the manual setting and cook for 8 minutes.
Ninth Step: After the 8 minutes are up, do a quick release and remove the lid once all the pressure has been removed.
Tenth Step: Sprinkle in the cashews and give it a stir.
Eleventh Step: Add the green onions, stir again and serve right away over rice, by itself, or in a lettuce wrap. Enjoy!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1.25 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup red bell peppers, diced small
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 cup roasted cashews, halved
- 3 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Asian chili garlic sauce
- 3/4 tsp. minced ginger
- Green onions for garnish
- In a large ziploc bag, add cornstarch, flour, salt, pepper, and the chicken.
- Close the bag and shake to combine.
- In your Instant pot add the oils, chicken, set to saute'. Saute' for 4 to 5 minutes stirring often.
- Chicken should be about almost cooked through.
- Add the broccoli, bell peppers, garlic, and stir to combine.
- To a medium bowl add the soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, chili-garlic sauce, ginger, and whisk to combine; set aside.
- Add the sauce and stir to combine.
- Close the lid on your instant pot and set to seal.
- Set manuel to 8 min.
- Once done open the seal to release steam until done.
- Add the cashews to the chicken and stir to combine.
- Add the green onions, stir to combine, and serve immediately.
Looking for more tantalizing dinner options? Here are a few that I think you are going to greatly enjoy!
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken – The combination of honey and garlic is out of this world in this dish. The flavors are unforgettable and purely delicious.
- Instant Pot Sesame Chicken – Here is another fantastic option for cooking a delightful dinner in your pressure cooker. The only bad part is that usually, everyone will eat every drop, so you don’t get leftovers!
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken – It’s tangy, sweet, and full of flavor. If you are looking for an ultimate meal idea, this is a terrific one to try.
- One Pot Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry – This has lots of vibrant flavors and healthy ingredients. Try it and see for yourself.