Can I freeze this enchilada soup for another day?
I love making soup that I can freeze. It is one of the easiest ways to make a freezer meal. I like to make a big batch, usually double or triple the recipe. Then we have it for dinner the first night. I freeze the rest either in single-serve portions or enough for a second dinner another night. It is the perfect cook once eat twice type of meal. In some cases, cook once, eat three times.
Best way to freeze soup
Once you have let the soup cool down, you can put the soup in an airtight container or a freezer bag to store. If you want to store these as single-serving bags, you can use smaller bags and then put the smaller bags inside a larger bag for extra protection. I prefer to use freezer bags to containers because the freezer bags lay flat, which takes less space, and I can write directly on them. Also, I don’t want to have that many containers around when I am not using them, and if they are in the freezer I can’t use them for other things.
How to Store Chicken Enchilada Soup
Once the soup has cooled you can move it to an airtight container or freezer bag. Then the soup should be stored in the refrigerator or the freezer. The soup will stay good in the refrigerator for up to three days or will last about three months in the freezer.
What if I don’t want this to be a creamy soup?
I love soup of all kinds. It can creamy soups, tomato-based soups or broth-based. Seriously, I just love soup. This soup is cream and I love the way it goes together with the seasonings. However, if you would prefer that this is not a creamy soup, whether it is because you do not like it that way or want to go easy on the calories, you can easily make this non-creamy. Simply leave out the heavy cream at the end. If you want the soup to be creamy but need it to be a bit lighter, you can use half and half.
Ingredients for chicken enchilada soup
- fully cooked shredded chicken
- Olive Oil
- Bell Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Chicken Bone Broth
- Low Carb Salsa
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Salt and Pepper
How to make chicken enchilada soup
Heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Add in the onions and peppers, and saute for 2-3 minutes until they are a crisp tender.
Toss in the garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and paprika. Stir the spices into the vegetables, for about 30 seconds until they become fragrant.
Whisk in 2 cups of chicken bone broth, stir until well combined.
Reduce the heat to medium, and add in 1 cup of low carb salsa.
Mix in 1 can of Ro-tel.
Stir in 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, and stir until it is completely melted.
Let the soup simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Mix in 1 pound of shredded chicken, and combine well.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
Stir in ½ cup of heavy whipping cream, and cook for an additional minute or two. Serve the soup with fresh herbs as garnish.
- Instant Pot Turkey Noodle Soup With Vegetables – Looking for some fantastically delicious comfort food that’s easy to make? Then you are in luck because this turkey noodle soup is outstanding! It’s full of soothing ingredients, takes minimal effort to create, and friends and family can’t resist it.
- Meatballs and Potatoes Soup – This Meatball and Potato Soup will not only become one of your go-to hearty soup recipes for chilly nights but one of your favorite easy healthy soup recipes!
- Smoked Sausage And Bean Soup – Oh, the amazing flavors in this Instant Pot smoked sausage and bean soup is out of this world. Perfectly smokey sausage with protein-packed beans is the hearty meal you are looking for.
- Potato Soup – This slow cooker potato soup is the best crockpot potato soup you will ever make! It’s loaded with cheese for a deliciously creamy and filling slow cooker baked potato soup.
- Easy Beef Stew – This Easy Beef Stew recipe is the ultimate easy comfort food dinner for cold weather. It’s a beef stew with frozen vegetables which makes it one of the easiest homemade beef stew recipe you’ll find.
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup – Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is the easiest, most flavorful chicken noodle soup you’ll ever make! With this chicken noodle soup Instant Pot recipe, there’s no need to wait hours for a savory soup.
Looking for a delicious low carb soup? This chicken enchilada soup recipe is easy to make and everyone will love it. Whether you are watching your carbs or just want an amazing soup recipe, this creamy soup is sure to please.
- 1 lb. Shredded chicken fully cooked
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Large bell pepper chopped
- 1 c. Onion chopped
- 2 tsp. Chili powder
- 2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 2 c. Chicken bone broth
- 1 c. Low carb salsa
- 1 can Ro-tel
- 2 c. Shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ c. Heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add in the onions and peppers, and saute for 2-3 minutes until they are a crisp tender.
- Toss in the garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and paprika. Stir the spices into the vegetables, for about 30 seconds until they become fragrant.
- Whisk in 2 cups of chicken bone broth, stir until well combined.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and add in 1 cup of low carb salsa.
- Mix in 1 can of Ro-tel.
- Stir in 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, and stir until it is completely melted.
- Let the soup simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in 1 pound of shredded chicken, and combine well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Stir in ½ cup of heavy whipping cream, and cook for an additional minute or two. Serve the soup with fresh herbs as garnish.
Now, time to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂