This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Sweet and spicy combination of mangoes, golden raisins, vinegar and exotic spices. This chunky chutney is a delicious condiment for grilled chicken, pork chops or seafood. I first tried mango chutney about a year ago on a piece of grilled chicken and it was incredible. After buying a few jars at the grocery store, I figured it was time to make my own! 😀
This chutney is not only great on grilled meats, you can also serve it as an appetizer, dip or spread served with naan, crackers or baguette slices. One of my favorite ways to serve it is on piece of baguette with a slice of brie and a dollop of mango chutney on top. Place in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes and you have a delicious appetizer.
There are so many delicious ways to enjoy chutney..what’s your favorite way? 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
- 1 sticks cinnamon, about 2 inch
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 cardamom pods, cracked
- 1 ripe but firm green mango, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup demerara sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 whole dry red chilies
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Using a piece of cheesecloth, place the cinnamon stick, cloves, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and cardamom pods in the cloth and tie with string to make an enclosed bag.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook the mango, spice cloth bundle, water, ginger and garlic until the mango is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Break 1 red chilli into flakes and keep 2 whole. Add the vinegar, sugar, salt, dry chilies and golden raisins. Bring the mixture to a bare simmer and reduce for 25-30 minutes, stirring frequently, until the chutney is thickened. Remove from heat and squeeze every bit you can from the cheesecloth and discard. Transfer to sterilized jars. Store in refrigerator up to a month.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Source: adapted from Rasa Malaysia