Moist and delicious Peanut Butter Banana Bread is an excellent breakfast choice for those on the run. Peanut butter, bananas and peanuts are whipped together to create a nutty spin on the traditional banana bread.
Doesn’t this make you want to run into the kitchen right this second and bake this incredible bread? If it doesn’t, it should! I mean come on, just look at that peanut butter glaze just dripping off of this bread! Would you believe me if I told you that this recipe comes from Cooking Light magazine? It did…so go ahead and have another slice! 😉
When this bread graced the cover of Cooking Light magazine a few months ago I knew immediately it would be a hit. Ground flaxseed, creamy peanut butter and chopped peanuts are baked right into this bread giving it a nice nutty flavor. Dare I say it is one of my favorite banana bread recipes? I think I need to go smear some strawberry jam on one of these slices right now. Mmmmmm…
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter 3 tablespoons butter, melted 2 large eggs 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 6.75 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups) 1/4 cup ground flaxseed 3/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts For the Peanut Butter Glaze: 1/3 cup powdered sugar 1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6.75 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts For the Peanut Butter Glaze: 1/3 cup powdered sugar 1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease bottom and sides of a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan; dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the bananas, yogurt, peanut butter, butter and eggs at medium speed until combined. Add sugars and beat until blended.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, flaxseed, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice. Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in nuts. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth surface with a rubber spatula.
- Bake until top is golden and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 5 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- To make the peanut butter glaze, in a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar, milk and peanut butter until smooth. Drizzle glaze over bread.
Source: Cooking Light, October 2010