Peanut Butter Banana Bread
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Moist and delicious Peanut Butter Banana Bread is an excellent breakfast choice for those on the run. Peanut butter, bananas and peanuts are whipped together to create a nutty spin on the traditional banana bread.
Doesn’t this make you want to run into the kitchen right this second and bake this incredible bread? If it doesn’t, it should! I mean come on, just look at that peanut butter glaze just dripping off of this bread! Would you believe me if I told you that this recipe comes from Cooking Light magazine? It did…so go ahead and have another slice! 😉
When this bread graced the cover of Cooking Light magazine a few months ago I knew immediately it would be a hit. Ground flaxseed, creamy peanut butter and chopped peanuts are baked right into this bread giving it a nice nutty flavor. Dare I say it is one of my favorite banana bread recipes? I think I need to go smear some strawberry jam on one of these slices right now. Mmmmmm…
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter 3 tablespoons butter, melted 2 large eggs 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 6.75 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups) 1/4 cup ground flaxseed 3/4 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts For the Peanut Butter Glaze: 1/3 cup powdered sugar 1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6.75 ounces all-purpose flour, about 1 1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease bottom and sides of a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan; dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the bananas, yogurt, peanut butter, butter and eggs at medium speed until combined. Add sugars and beat until blended.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, flaxseed, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice. Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in nuts. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth surface with a rubber spatula.
- Bake until top is golden and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 5 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- To make the peanut butter glaze, in a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar, milk and peanut butter until smooth. Drizzle glaze over bread.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Source: Cooking Light, October 2010