Make This Pumpkin Spice Easy Fudge Recipe
Do I need a candy thermometer for this pumpkin pie fudge?
How to Store Pumpkin Pie Fudge
When you make homemade fudge, you want to make sure it lasts. Actually, no matter where you get your fudge from, you want it to last. No one wants that rich and creamy decadent fudge to go bad. It is important when you are storing the fudge that it is in an airtight container. When it is not, it dries out and gets crumbly. When storing the fudge, it can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. You can store it in the refrigerator for longer shelf life.
Can you Freeze Fudge
When you have fudge that will not get eaten before it goes bad, you can freeze the fudge. Make sure that the fudge is wrapped well before freezing. I like to freeze the fudge so that I can take out individual pieces as I am ready for them so that there is no waste. I cut the fudge into pieces and them lay them together in an airtight container in a single layer. I add a layer of parchment or wax paper and then add the next layer. For added protection, you can wrap each piece of fudge in plastic. This will also work in a freezer bag. When you are ready for a piece of fudge, remove however much you want, and leave the rest in the freezer.
Variations to Easy Fudge
With this recipe, I am making pumpkin spice fudge. You can change things around a bit with this recipe. If you are looking for ways to change up this pumpkin spice fudge you can try:
- Pecans: You can add finely chopped pecans to this fudge recipe. It gives the fudge a crunch but the pumpkin and pecans go great together.
- Caramel: Caramel and pumpkin are fantastic together. You can a bit of drizzle to this fudge either over the top or into the batter.
- Chocolate: Pumpkin and chocolate are perfect together. Add mini chocolate chips to the batter and the pumpkin fudge will become pumpkin chocolate chip fudge. Believe me, this fudge will be a winner.
Ingredients for pumpkin spice fudge
- unsalted sweet cream butter
- evaporated milk
- pumpkin puree
- white chocolate chips
- ground cinnamon
- marshmallow creme
How to make this pumpkin spice easy fudge recipe
Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper
Spray parchment paper with cooking spray and set aside
Using a large sauce pan, combine the sugar, butter, milk, and pumpkin
Cook on medium to high heat until the mixture starts to boil while frequently stirring
Once mixture is smooth, place a candy thermometer into the mixture and continuously stir the mixture until the candy thermometer temperature reaches 234 degrees
Once at 234 degree’s, remove pot from stove and mix in the chocolate chips, cinnamon, and marshmallow creme and continue to mix until melted
Pour mixture into the prepared pan and set onto the counter to cool and harden overnight
Remove from pan and cut into 1inch squares.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Want an easy fudge recipe? This fudge is so good and it is perfect for fall. This Pumpkin Spice Fudge is easy to make and nothing beats homemade fudge.
- 3 C sugar
- 3/4 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 5 oz can evaporated milk
- 1/2 C pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 C white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1–7oz jar of marshmallow creme
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper
- Spray parchment paper with cooking spray and set aside
- Using a large sauce pan, combine the sugar, butter, milk and pumpkin
- Cook on medium to high heat until the mixture starts to boil while frequently stirring
- Once mixture is smooth, place a candy thermometer into the mixture and continuously stir the mixture until the candy thermometer temperature reaches 234 degrees
- Once at 234 degree’s, remove pot from stove and mix in the chocolate chips, cinnamon, and marshmallow creme and continue to mix until melted
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and set onto the counter to cool and harden overnight
- Remove from pan and cut into 1inch squares.
- Category: dessert
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: easy fudge recipe
More Fudge Recipes
If you love fudge, and I mean, what is there not to love, you are going to want these fudge recipes as well. Give a batch of fudge for a gift this holiday season. Delicious and easy, wrap the fudge up in decorative bags or cello wrap. Make sure to make a double batch, because you are not going to want to give it all away.
Pecan Pie fudge – This Pecan Pie Fudge is an easy fudge recipe that you make in the microwave. With all the flavors of pecan pie, this is a truly easy fudge to make. Perfect for the holiday parties and perfect for gift giving.
Caramel Pecan White Chocolate Fudge – If you want a simple fudge recipe, you are going to love this homemade fudge recipe. Creamy and rich, this white chocolate fudge with caramel and pecans, this fudge can’t miss.