This Pecan Pie Fudge is an easy microwave fudge recipe that tastes just like pecan pie! It’s one of the best easy fudge recipes and perfect for holiday platters and gift-giving or just enjoying at any point during the year.
Fudge has always been an indulgent dessert in my mind. Rich and creamy and decadent, I’ve always thought that delicious fudge was difficult to make.
It turns out, that’s not true. Did you know you can make microwave fudge? As in, make an entire batch of fudge in the microwave with just a few ingredients? You can! I didn’t believe it at first but easy fudge recipes do exist and they often only require a few ingredients.
That revelation led to a lot of experimenting on my part, which brings us to this Pecan Pie Fudge, a delicious fudge with white chocolate.
This Pecan Pie Fudge is one of my new favorite easy fudge recipes. It’s not a 100% microwave fudge because it does include a pie crust that needs to be baked but you can prepare the rest of the ingredients in the microwave while the pie crust is baking.
Microwave fudge is typically made with chocolate chips and evaporated milk. For this Pecan Pie Fudge, I added a few extra ingredients to capture the true pecan pie flavor, most notably brown sugar, vanilla extract, and maple extract.
I opted to make this a fudge with white chocolate instead of using regular chocolate chips because there’s no chocolate in traditional pecan pie and I didn’t want the chocolate to overpower the other flavors. Fudge with white chocolate just works with this Pecan Pie Fudge.
One important thing to note while making this recipe is that you should prepare all ingredients with the pie crust is cooking and pour the fudge mixture over the pie crust while both are still hot. Waiting until the pie crust cools may result in the fudge not completely sticking to the crust.
If you love pecan pie but are looking for something less time-consuming to make, Pecan Pie Fudge is a great option. All of your favorite pecan pie flavor in an easy fudge recipe.
And, if you’re one of those people who love to give edible gifts, this Pecan Pie Fudge is a great gift. It’s simple to make but no one will ever guess you didn’t spend hours meticulously adding in each ingredient. Plus, it’s a nice change from traditional chocolate and peanut butter fudge! I love to put it in nice packaging and give to neighbors and other acquaintances.
Whether it’s for yourself, a party or a gift, the Pecan Pie Fudge is one easy fudge recipe you’ll want to try!
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 1 1/2 C pecan chips
- 1/4 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 can (14oz) evaporated milk mine was low-fat
- 3 C white chocolate chips
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp maple extract
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line an 8x8 with parchment paper and spray with pan baking spray
- Unroll pie crust and cut an 8x8 square and place in pan and poke with a fork several times.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the crust is golden around the edges.
- Using a large mixing bowl add butter, evaporated milk, and white chocolate chips and melt in the microwave in increments of 30-45 seconds until melted
- Once melted, mix in the brown sugar, vanilla, and maple extract.
- Pour fudge onto the top of the crust and cover the top with the pecan chips
- Allow to firm up overnight before enjoying!