This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Relax with a big bowl of this Raspberry Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt.
There is a secret ingredient in addition to fresh raspberries, Greek yogurt, vanilla, and chocolate. Vodka makes this raspberry frozen yogurt the perfect adult treat for all occasions. So grab a bowl and a spoon and head to the kitchen and whip up a batch.
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt
During the summer, it seems that our ice cream maker is the kitchen appliance that I use the most often. Ice cream has always been one of my weaknesses. I can pass up a cookie, brownie, even a slice of cake, but when ice cream is served, I can’t resist. I’ve made so many recreations of my favorite ice cream recipes, but my list of recipes I want to try continues to grow every day. Of all of the ice cream recipes that I have made, I realized that I have only one recipe for frozen yogurt. That needed to change! 🙂
Rich and creamy Greek Yogurt paired with fresh raspberries and rich chocolate chunks. Does it get any better than this? You’ll notice that there is alcohol included in the ingredient list; this tiny bit of alcohol is essential in creating a smooth and creamy texture. Feel free to omit it, but be aware that the end product will be very hard to scoop and icy.
Can I Use Frozen Raspberries Or Is Fresh Better
I recommend using fresh raspberries when making this Greek yogurt frozen yogurt treat. They tend to blend very well and give you the perfect creamy dessert you are craving. You can swap them for frozen if you want to, but it’s completely up to you. The frozen berries will also work, but won’t blend as easily.
Can I Use White Chocolate Chips
Oh absolutely! White chocolate chips are a lovely flavor to go perfectly with the raspberries and yogurt. You can easily use both white chocolate chips as well as semi-sweet chocolate chips when making this raspberry chocolate chip frozen yogurt. Feel free to try out different chocolates to see what you like the best.
How Long Will This Last In The Freezer
On average, this easy raspberry frozen dessert will last around two weeks in the freezer. It’s possible that it could last even longer than two weeks, but you will need to check it to make sure it’s not freezer burnt before eating it. Before eating the raspberry frozen yogurt, you might set it on the counter for 10 minutes or so. It will soften it a little bit and make it easier to scoop.
Variations to Recipe
Feel free to try out some variations to add some unique styles and flavors. Here are some ideas that I think you will love. Take a look:
- Strawberries – Swap out the raspberries for strawberries instead. They are just as sweet and tasty and will give you love results too.
- Blueberries – Some fresh blueberries will give the homemade frozen yogurt a gorgeous color and flavor.
- Cherries – Using cherries is light and refreshing, just like the raspberries. They are pretty and give you some yummy flavor too.
- Blackberries – If you want a bold and stunning Greek yogurt dessert, use some delightful blackberries.
Using eight simple ingredients will give you some incredible dessert that is wonderful for any reason you can think of. We love eating frozen yogurt after dinner or as a late night snack. It’s so creamy and good.
- Fresh raspberries – You can use frozen berries, but they may not blend as smoothly as fresh.
- Plain Chobani Greek yogurt – Try out some other flavors of yogurt if you can to add some playful flavors.
- White granulated sugar
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pure vanilla extract
- Chambord or vodka – It’s okay to leave out the alcohol, but the frozen yogurt won’t be as easy and smooth to scoop.
- Semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Canola oil
How to Make This Frozen Yogurt
There are very few steps needed to make this yummy dessert. Let’s take a look at the easy steps for you to follow.
First Step: Begin by adding the raspberries to your blender or food processor. Then pour in the Greek yogurt, white sugar, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and vanilla. Pulse the blender until raspberries are smooth and creamy.
Second Step: Pour puréed raspberries through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. Be sure to press on the solids with back of a spoon. Gently stir in the chambord or vodka. Set aside.
Third Step: Place semisweet chocolate chips or chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over the saucepan containing just barely simmering water. Then heat the mixture until the chocolate has melted and then whisk until smooth. Stir in oil and transfer to a ziploc bag; set aside.
Fourth Step: Pour the mixture into the ice cream canister and churn following the manufacturer’s instructions. Do this until the mixture resembles the consistency of thick whipped cream. Then you’ll need to snip the corner of the ziploc bag that the chocolate is in, and while the machine is running, slowly drizzle the chocolate into the frozen yogurt. After the chocolate has been added, continue churning until the mixture resembles soft served ice cream.
Fifth Step: Transfer the frozen raspberry yogurt to an airtight container. Cover the container and freeze until it is firm, about 3 hours.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups plain Chobani Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Chambord or vodka
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Place the raspberries in a blender or food processor. Add the yogurt, sugar, fresh lemon juice and vanilla. Pulse until raspberries are smooth.
- Pour purée through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl, pressing on solids with back of a spoon. Stir in chambord or vodka. Set aside.
- Place semisweet chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Set bowl over saucepan containing barely simmering water; heat mixture until chocolate is melted and whisk until smooth. Stir in oil and transfer to a ziploc bag; set aside.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream canister and churn following the manufacturer’s instructions until the mixture resembles the consistency of thick whipped cream.
- Snip the corner of the ziploc bag that the chocolate is in, and while the machine is running, slowly drizzle the chocolate into the frozen yogurt. After chocolate is added, continue churning until the mixture resembles soft served ice cream.
- Transfer the frozen yogurt to an airtight container. Cover the container and freeze until it is firm, about 3 hours.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
If you love making your own ice cream and frozen yogurt, then take a peek at these awesome recipes.
Red Velvet Ice Cream – It’s creamy, bright pink, and lovely for any occasion. Serve it for birthday parties, or eat it as a tasty dessert after dinner. The best part is that the flavor is incredible.
Bourbon Cherry Ice Cream – The combination of cherries and bourbon is insanely good. You really should taste this one.
Sea Salt Caramel Truffle Ice Cream – There is nothing more intense than the flavor of this sea salt caramel truffle ice cream. YUMMY!
Easy Smores Dessert Ice Cream – If you love s’mores, be sure to check out this creamy and rich ice cream.