Melt in your mouth soft vanilla bean cookies with a luscious raspberry white chocolate filling sandwiched in between. These cookies are always a crowd pleaser and are one of my favorite summer desserts to make. Fresh raspberries are pureed and added to the cream filling making them an excellent dessert for summer. 😀
Some of you may have noticed that my recipes have been posting later in the day lately. That is because we are in the middle of moving and traveling and have no internet access except for the local Starbucks. So hang in there with me, I have not forgotten about you! 🙂 I will resume my normal time of posting recipes as soon as we get reliable internet access.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 sticks (10 tablespoons) unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean halved lengthwise, seeds scraped and reserved
- 6 ounces (1 cup) fresh raspberries
- 7 1/2 ounces best-quality white chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or spray them with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the flat beater attached, cream butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add egg, extract, and vanilla seeds and beat at medium speed until combined, about 30 seconds.Reduce speed to low. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake 7-8 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through. Let cool on parchment on wire racks.
- To make the raspberry filling, in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, puree raspberries and remaining 2 teaspoons sugar. Pour mixture through a fine sieve set over a small bowl, pressing to extract juice; discard seeds. Set mixture aside.
- Melt white chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Remove from heat; whisk in cream in a slow stream. Slowly whisk in reserved raspberry mixture. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Spread about 1 rounded teaspoonful raspberry cream filling on flat side of 1 cookie. Top with second cookie, forming a sandwich. Repeat with remaining filling and cookies. Store in an airtight container.
Source: Martha Stewart’s Cookies