This is The Best Bailey’s Poke Cake Recipe ever! It’s super-rich, moist, and a chocolate lovers’ dream. All you need is a chocolate cake mix and a few simple ingredients to make this Bailey’s chocolate poke cake. It’s an easy cake recipe that is ideal for fancy dinner parties, backyard barbecues, a potluck dessert, or even baby showers.
The Best Bailey’s Poke Cake Recipe
I can’t get enough of this Bailey’s Irish Cream poke cake. The flavor is so intense and incredible. The best part is that you don’t have to spend a lot of time making this Bailey’s cake either. Just a few easy steps and you will be able to eat a piece or two. It’s so rich that most people only need a small piece! This fudgy cake is my favorite style of dessert ever because it’s just so insanely good.
How to Dress Up A Boxed Cake Mix
It’s easy to turn a plain and somewhat boring cake mix into something that is so good you can’t get enough of it. This Bailey’s Poke is one of those recipes. You need to combine some additional ingredients like sweetened condensed milk, dark cocoa powder, butter, and of course the star of the show Bailey’s Irish Cream.
What Are Poke Cakes?
A poke cake is a cake that has been baked and it’s FILLED with all kinds of amazing toppings. Most include some type of sweetened condensed milk, caramel, chocolate, or other sweet ingredients. They often have a fluffy frosting and should be kept cold.
What do you use to poke holes in a cake?
I like to use the back of a wooden spoon and poke it all over the cake. A large fork would work, or any other straight utlensil should work. Sometimes I will use a wooden skewer too. You just want to poke a lot of holes so that the toppings can really seep down into the cake all the way.
Does This Cake Need to Be Refrigerated
Yes, this cake should be refrigerated to get the very best results. While it’s not necessarily required, it tastes much better when it’s kept cold. If you don’t refrigerate it the entire time, at least get it in the fridge within 2 hours of setting it out.
Can You Freeze?
Yes, you can freeze Bailey’s poke cake. Put it in individual servings or freeze the entire cake. Either way works well. To serve the poke cake, set it in the fridge for a few hours until it’s thawed then joy cold.
Variations to Poke Cake
You might be excited to find that you can actually do a lot of fun things with this easy poke cake recipe. Take a peek at these tasty ideas.
- Andes Mints – Chop up some Andes mints and sprinkle them on top of the cake. It’s a lovely minty flavor that pairs so well with the chocolate cake. The hardest part is not going back for a second piece.
- Fudge Sauce – Drizzle hot fudge sauce all over the poke cake. It’s going to melt into the cake and make it even more intensely chocolate. If you dream of chocolate, this is the ideal cake for you.
- Minty Dove Chocolates – Dice up some Dove chocolate candies that are filled with mint. Sprinkle them all over the cake. They will make the poke cake taste even more wonderful.
- Berries – Add a few fresh berries on top of the cake. It gives it some vibrant color and is luscious too. I stick with raspberries or strawberries, but you could use any berries you want.
With just ten ingredients you can have the most magnificent cake ever. You don’t have to put in a lot of effort or anything, it’s that easy. Take a look at what you need.
- Box chocolate cake mix
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Heavy cream
- Dark cocoa powder
- Butter, room temperature
- Powdered sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Pure vanilla extract
How to Make Baileys Poke Cake
Just a handful of steps are between you and this moist poke cake. Don’t lose this recipe because it’s going to easily be your new favorite.
1. Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Take your pan and spray it down with cooking spray to help cake from sticking.
3. Mix up the boxed chocolate cake mix as directed on the back of the box. Each brand will varies a little.
4. Pour the poke cake batter into the prepared baking pan.
5. Bake the cake for 20-25 minutes or until the cake is fully cooked. When it’s done you should be able to get a toothpick to come up clean when inserted in the center.
6. Let the chocolate cake to fully cool. Then use the back of a wooden spoon to poke holes over the cake.
1. Use a medium bowl and then combine the Bailey’s, sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream and cocoa powder.
2. After the Bailey’s mixture is combined then you’ll need to pour the Bailey’s mixture over the chocolate cake.
3. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours so it can cool all the way.
1. Once the poke cake has cooled you can work on the frosting. In a bowl or stand mixer combine the butter, powdered sugar, Baileys, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt.
2. Keep mixing the frosting until it is creamy and smooth.
3. Using a spatula, spread the frosting over cake.
4. Garnish your Baileys poke cake with your favorite topings and serve up this incredible easy poke cake dessert.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Baileys
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 5 cups. powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Baileys
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray the baking dish with non-stick baking spray.
- Prepare chocolate cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.Let cool to room temperature
- Poke holes all over the cake.
- In a medium bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, cocoa
powder, and Baileys.
- Mix to combine with a whisk.
- Pour Baileys filling over poke holes and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- In a large bowl of a standing mixer, add butter, powdered sugar, Baileys, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt.
- Mix until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread frosting over cake.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1118Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 126mgSodium: 595mgCarbohydrates: 160gFiber: 2gSugar: 152gProtein: 10g
You need to see these more incredible decadent chocolate desserts. They are so yummy you should try them all.
- Raspberry Chocolate Cake Torte – Perfect for holidays, parties, or whenever you are in the mood for something sweet.
- Decadant Chocolate Fudge Cake – You can’t help but smack your lips and moan when eating this intense cake.
- Mocha Chocolate Caramel Cookie – The combination of caramel, mocha, and amazing chocolate is fantastic. Make a batch or two of these for any occasion.
- Decadant Oreo Cheesecake Bars – These are packed with semi-sweet and white chocolate as well as Oreo cookies and a creamy cheesecake layer.