Looking for an amazing chocolate caramel cookie? Wait until you taste these chocolate cookies. Simply the best mocha cookie you can eat and they are sure to be a hit.
Soft Mocha Chocolate Caramel Cookie Recipe
I have a weakness for soft cookies. Then add in mocha, chocolate, and caramel, and it is basically the best cookie ever! One bite of this amazing cookie and you will know exactly what I am talking about. Everything about these cookies works together perfectly to make the nest cookies.
What is the Best Cocoa For Mocha Cookies
There are many cocoa powders on the market. What cocoa powder is best really depends on your tastes and your budget. Many of the European brand are alkalized while many of the American brands are not. You will pay more for the alkalized brands. You can use Hershey’s chocolate for a budget friendly option, while there are still other lower priced brands that are still budget friendly but have more of gourmet taste. For this recipe you can use whatever cocoa powder you have on hand or use whatever cocoa powder your store carries.
How Can I Make Soft Cookies Every Time?
When it comes to making cookies, I need the cookies to be soft. There are ways to make the cookies come out soft every time and there are ways to make sure the cookies stay soft and chewy after the cookies are baked.
- Use Brown Sugar: Many cookie recipes call for white sugar and brown sugar. Brown sugar is used in cookies that you want to be soft because brown sugar holds more moisture than white sugar. When you use brown sugar in the cookies, the cookies will be softer.
- Bake at a Lower Temperature: Baking cookies at a lower temperature will give a paler cookie (well not in this cake because of the cocoa) that is soft and chewy. Unlike a shorter cook time, the cookies are not underdone but are still soft.
- Shorter Cook Time: Another thing that can give a soft cookie is a shorter cook time. While a lower temperature will give you a cookie that is cooked through, a shorter cook time will give you a slightly underdone cookie that tastes amazing. You never want to overcook the cookie because that will give you a crispier cookie no matter what tricks you use.
Can I Freeze These Chewy Chocolate Cookies?
I love freezing cookies. There are several ways to do, at different stages, but no matter how you freeze the cookies, it means that you have cookies available whenever you want them even when you are short on time. Having these cookies frozen, means you are less likely to go out to buy premade cookies or buy expensive premade cookie dough. Making this cookie dough from scratch tastes better and is less inexpensive.
How to Freeze Chewy Chocolate Cookies
You can freeze these cookies as a batch of cookie dough, cookie dough balls or as baked cookies.
Freezing Cookie Dough
When freezing the cookie dough as a batch, simply move the dough from the bowl, to plastic wrap. Wrap the dough well and then wrap it in foil. Once wrapped, wrap it in plastic again. This will keep the cookie dough from getting freezer burned. The dough will stay fresh for up to 3 months. Once you are ready to baked the cookies, you will need to thaw the cookie dough and bake as normal.
Freezing Cookie Dough Balls
When you are freezing the cookie dough balls, scoop the cookies as normal. Put the cookie balls on a cookie sheet or plate and put it in the freezer. Once the balls are frozen, move them to an airtight container or freezer bag. When you are ready to bake the cookies, remove it from the freezer and put them on a baking sheet. Bake as normal.
Freezing Baked Cookies
If you have cookies that will go stale or spoil before you have the chance to eat them, you can store the cookies in the freezer. Place the cookie in a single layer on a cookie sheet or plate. Freeze the cookies. Once the cookies are frozen, you can move the cookies to a freezer bag. Cookies will last in the freezer for up to 6 months. When you are ready to eat the cookies, remove the number of cookies you want and leave the rest in the freezer for another time.
Ingredients for Chocolate Cookie with Caramel Chips
- all-purpose flour
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- baking soda
- unsalted butter
- light brown sugar
- instant coffee
- chocolate baking chips
- caramel baking chips
- white chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and coffee grounds.
Whisk together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
Add the egg, and mix until combined.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined.
Fold in the all of the chips.
Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop your dough out then roll the dough into balls.
Place the balls on the baking tray.
Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 – 10 minutes.
Place the 1 cup of white chocolate chips in the microwave for 60 seconds.
Drizzle the cookies with melted white chocolate
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 2 tbsp. instant coffee
- 1/4 cup chocolate baking chips
- 1/4 caramel baking chips
- 1/4 white chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and coffee grounds.
- Set aside.
- Whisk together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the all of the chips.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop your dough out then roll the dough into balls.
- Place the balls on the baking tray.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Place the 1 cup of white chocolate chips in the microwave for 60 seconds.
- Drizzle the cookies with melted white chocolate
More Dessert Recipes:
Pecan Pie fudge – This Pecan Pie Fudge is an easy microwave fudge recipe that tastes just like pecan pie! It’s one of the best easy fudge recipes and perfect for holiday platters and gift-giving or just enjoying at any point during the year.
White Chocolate Coconut Pecan Cupcakes – With these white chocolate coconut pecan cupcakes, you get a whole lot of flavor in one little cupcake wrapper. You’ve definitely never had cupcakes like these before! I can never have enough of these coconut and white chocolate cupcakes.
Fried Nutella Dumplings – Fried Nutella Dumplings are a Nutella dessert recipe that’s quick, easy and oh-so-good. Made with only 3 ingredients, these dessert dumplings are guaranteed to be a hit!
Cherry Dr. Pepper Cake – This Cherry Dr. Pepper Cake is a sweet but tart cake with delicious cherry frosting and a splash of Dr. Pepper flavor. It’s a hit with kids and adults alike and, bonus; it’s so easy to make!