Are you ready for this? The simplest and tastiest bread you will ever make with only four ingredients! That’s right! A dark beer will give you a darker bread with a heavier flavor. Using a beer that is spiced, or has a flavor added, will make bread with a similar flavor. What’s that? You don’t like beer? No worries, you can use any carbonated beverage in place of the beer. Use a colored carbonated beverage such as orange crush or grape soda and the bread will have the flavor and the tinted color of the drink. I found this recipe a few years ago after I tasted beer bread at a Tastefully Simple party. I was in love-I knew that I had to make my own! I serve this bread every time I make Guinness Beef Stew, meatloaf, or any other hearty meal. So next time you find yourself wondering what kind of bread to make, remember this hearty Beer Bread with a crunchy, buttery crust-the perfect accompaniment to all of your fall dishes!
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and flour. Add beer and continue to mix, first using a wooden spoon, then your hands. Batter will be very sticky. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Drizzle 3 tablespoons of butter over the bread before baking. Bake in preheated oven for 50 for 60 minutes. The top will be crunchy, and the insides will be soft.
Source: adapted from allrecipes.com