Bacon Wrapped Smokies With Brown Sugar and Butter
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
If you’re looking for an easy-peasy appetizer that is sure to win the hearts of everyone at your next gathering, then look no further than this tantalizing bacon wrapped smokies with brown sugar and butter recipe!
These Bacon Wrapped Smokies with Brown Sugar and Butter are a delicious and easy appetizer sure to be a hit at any party or gathering.
The combination of the smoky flavor of the bacon, the sweetness of the brown sugar and the buttery richness, makes this a truly delectable treat. The best part is they only take minutes to prepare and can be cooked in the oven or on the grill.
Prep time takes just minutes, leaving plenty of time for chatting, laughter, and catching up with friends and family while these tasty treats cook. Ready? Let’s get started!
Why do I love Bacon Wrapped Smokies With Brown Sugar and Butter?
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies With Brown Sugar and Butter is an incredibly delicious and simple recipe that packs a punch of flavor.
- It is a great party appetizer that will have everyone coming back for more!
- The combination of smoky bacon, sweet brown sugar, and buttery flavors creates a unique and mouthwatering taste that can’t be beaten.
- You can enjoy these delicious morsels as an appetizer for your next gathering or as a snack anytime.
Can I use other types of bacon for this recipe?
You can use thick or thin bacon, turkey bacon, or flavored bacon. Peppered bacon is delicious and gives you a spicy twist that pairs well with brown sugar.
What kind of smokies should I use?
Use your favorite brand of Lil smokies! They can be all beef or whatever variety you like. If you don’t have little smokies, you can swap them for slices of smoked sausage.
Can I use other types of sugar in this recipe?
The only sugar in this recipe is brown sugar. It caramelizes as it bakes and gives the bacon-wrapped smokies the ultimate flavor and texture.
- Small Sausages
- Brown Sugar
How to make Bacon Wrapped Smokies With Brown Sugar and Butter:
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350º F / 175º C.
Step 2. Cut bacon strips into thirds and wrap each small sausage with the bacon.
Step 3. Arrange each one of the bacon-wrapped sausages into a baking dish.
Step 4. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add butter and 1 cup of brown sugar.
Step 5. Stir the butter and sugar until well mixed. Make sure the butter has melted completely.
Step 6. Pour the butter and sugar mixture over the baking dish with the little sausages. Make sure that the mixture is over all the sausages.
Step 7. Place the baking dish inside the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the bacon becomes greasy and crispy.
Step 8. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes to cool down before serving.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Bacon Wrapped Smokies With Brown Sugar and Butter
- 1 lb Bacon
- 1 lb Small Sausages
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350º F / 175º C.
- 2. Cut bacon strips into thirds and wrap each small sausage with the bacon.
- 3. Arrange each one of the bacon-wrapped sausages into a baking dish.
- 4. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add butter and 1 cup of brown sugar.
- 5. Stir the butter and sugar until well mixed. Make sure the butter has melted completely.
- 6. Pour the butter and sugar mixture over the baking dish with the little sausages. Make sure that the mixture is over all the sausages.
- 7. Place the baking dish inside the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the bacon becomes greasy and crispy.
- 8. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes to cool down before serving.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
THANKS FOR PINING!
Bacon-Wrapped Smokies With Brown Sugar and Butter Variations
- Add heat – sprinkle your bacon-wrapped smokies with red pepper flakes for a spicy kick!
- Sweeten it up – swap out the brown sugar for honey or maple syrup
- Get herby – add fresh or dried herbs for a flavor boost
- Make it cheesy – top bacon-wrapped smokies with your favorite cheese
- Experiment with sauces – try bbq sauce, teriyaki, Worcestershire, or your favorite condiment
- Make it a bacon-wrapped party – try wrapping different sausages in bacon and topping them with brown sugar and butter for a variety of flavors
How long do I need to cook bacon wrapped smokies?
The bacon wrapped smokies with brown sugar take about 20-25 minutes to cook. They are super easy and don’t take much effort at all.
How many servings does this recipe make?
You’ll get around 8 servings for each batch of these bacon wrapped smokies with brown sugar. It’s fine to double or even triple this recipe as needed.
What temperature should I preheat my oven to?
You should preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
How long do I need to bake the bacon wrapped smokies?
They need to bake for 20–25 minutes. If the bacon isn’t done, you can add more time as needed.
What type of baking dish should I use for this recipe?
You’ll need a casserole dish or baking sheet that has edges. The butter and sugar mixture is liquid, so it will spill over if you try to use something like a cookie sheet without edges.
Can I double this recipe?
Absolutely! You may need to use multiple baking sheets, but you can make as many batches as needed.
Can I freeze bacon wrapped smokies?
Yep! Place the cooled bacon-wrapped smokies in an airtight container. Freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge and reheat in the air fryer at 350 for 5–10 minutes or in the oven for 10–15 minutes until hot.
What other ingredients can I add to this recipe?
- Red pepper flakes can be added to the butter mixture for some spice.
- Cayenne pepper is another way to add a little heat! Sprinkle a small amount on the smokies before baking.
Can I make this recipe in an air fryer?
Yes! Cook in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 10–15 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked all the way.
Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker?
Yep! Place the wrapped smokies in the bottom of a slow cooker and drizzle with the butter mixture. Cook over high heat for 3 hours.
How can I store leftover bacon wrapped smokies?
Cool the smokies and place in a sealed container. Refrigerate for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.