Prep time: 35 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 1 hrs 25 mins
Yield: 16 servings
This is SO good! The best banana recipe I’ve ever made!
I found this banana cake just perfect! It turned out great!
Ingredients for Banana Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 1⁄2 cups bananas, mashed, ripe
2 teaspoons lemon juice
3 cups flour
1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
3⁄4 cup butter, softened
2 1⁄8 cups sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
1⁄2 cup butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
How to make for Banana Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting:
Step1: Preheat oven to 275°.
Step2: Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan.
Step3: In a small bowl, mix mashed banana with the lemon juice; set aside.
Step4: In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
Step5: In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and 2 1/8 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
Step6: Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in 2 tsp vanilla.
Step7: Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
Step8: Stir in banana mixture.
Step9: Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Step10: Remove from oven and place directly into the freezer for 45 minutes. This will make the cake very moist.
Step11: For the frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
Step12: Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
Step13: Add icing sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then on high speed until frosting is smooth.
Step14: Spread on cooled cake.
Step15: Sprinkle chopped walnuts over top of the frosting, if desired.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, mashed, ripe
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄8 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 275°F.
- Grease and flour a 9x13 mold.
- Mix the banana and the lemon juice in a clean bowl. Reserve.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl: the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until you get a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and then add the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and buttermilk alternating between the two. Add the banana mixture and continue beating until everything is properly integrated.
- Pour the batter over the prepared pan, and bake for an hour. Remove from the oven and immediately place in the freezer for 45 minutes.
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer with the cream cheese until smooth. Add a tablespoon of vanilla. Add the icing sugar little by little and continue beating until smooth.
- When the cake is completely cool, garnish with the frosting and top with the chopped walnuts.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 329mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 1gSugar: 54gProtein: 5g
More Banana Cake ideas?