Blueberry Corn Bread
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
I get lots of inspiration from walking through bakeries and grocery stores. If I see something that I would like to try in my own kitchen I take a picture of it on my iPhone so that I can remember it later. I know it sounds a bit crazy, but I have found so many interesting recipes just from documenting it on my phone!
Hmmm…I can’t believe that I am actually admitting this! Does that sound crazy? 😀 So if you see me in a local restaurant taking a picture of a menu or in a waiting room taking a picture of a magazine page-don’t judge, just come by and print the recipe from my blog! 😉
This past weekend I was walking through the bakery department of our local grocery store and saw some delicious blueberry cornbread. I was so tempted to throw it in my cart but instead I took a picture of it on my iPhone so I could make it in my own kitchen. Cornbread is a favorite in my household all year long so I knew that blueberry cornbread would be a huge hit at my house.
This moist, delicious and slightly sweet, cake-like cornbread is bursting with blueberry goodness. It is a wonderful accompaniment to brunch, dinner or coffee and tea. So what are you waiting for? The grocery stores and farmers markets are brimming with ripe blueberries!
How to make Blueberry Corn Bread:
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Blueberry Corn Bread
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup 1/8 lb. butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8 inch square cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk and butter. Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Gently stir in berries.
- Spread level in prepared baking pan.
- Bake 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into squares or wedges. Serve warm. Let cool 10 minutes, then cut into 9 squares.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!