Crushed malt balls, walnuts, and chocolate chips…Seriously the best blondie ever! They taste best warm and served with ice cream. They also taste great at room temperature, but seriously, just pop one in the microwave for 10 seconds-amazing! 🙂
I made these as a little celebration for myself. Today I am running in the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon. Months and months of training and it is finally here! It is my first marathon and I have to admit I am a bit nervous. The weather at the beginning at the race is supposed to be 26 degrees..ughh..I hate cold weather! Friday night I saw the first snowflakes of the season falling on downtown Indy (and mixed with a little bit of sleet!)
I am so hoping the weather will hold out for the race! So after I run my 26.2 miles, you can bet that I will be devouring at least one of these babies! 😉
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons malted milk powder
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 3/4 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup malted milk balls (like Whoppers or Maltesers), coarsely chopped in a food processor
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and malted milk powder together.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until completely combined. Scrape down the bowl, add the eggs and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture in two batches until just combined. Add the malted milk balls, chocolate chips and walnuts and beat until just combined, about 10 seconds. The mixture will be thick. Turn the mixture out into the prepared pan and use an offset spatula to spread it evenly.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the blondie comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 20 minutes.