Looking for a simple chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe? This is the best recipe you will ever need. Whether you were using this chocolate chip bread for a special breakfast treat or as a dessert, you will love this recipe.
Make this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Today
As soon as the fall comes around, I love to break out the pumpkin recipes. This is a great pumpkin recipe, especially if you have people in your house that are not the biggest pumpkin fans. The flavor in this chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe can win over anyone.
Can I make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins with this recipe?
This is a great tasting and easy recipe to make. You can certainly take this recipe to make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. This recipe is a little bit denser than most cake or muffin recipes, but it will still come out fantastic. Once you have made the batter for the chocolate chip pumpkin bread, you will want to prepare the muffin tins. You can use cupcake papers or you can grease the muffin tins well. You will bake the muffins for about 25 minutes. Check the muffins to make sure they are done by inserting a toothpick. When it comes out clean, the muffins are done. Be careful to not overcook the muffins.
Can I use Homemade pumpkin puree?
This recipe calls for pumpkin puree. Pumpkin Puree is different than pumpkin pie mix that comes in a similar can. If you have homemade pumpkin puree on hand or want to make some for this recipe, you can certainly use homemade pumpkin puree. It is not hard to make your own puree. I like to use canned pumpkin puree because I do not always have the time to make homemade pumpkin puree and I can store the canned version much easier.
How to store pumpkin chocolate chip bread
When you make this pumpkin chocolate chip bread you can store it at room temperature, in the refrigerator or in the freezer. No matter where you store the pumpkin chocolate chip bread, you will want to make sure to have it wrapped well.
How Long Does Moist Pumpkin Bread Last
When you store the moist pumpkin bread at room temperature the bread will stay good for about 3 days. You can make the pumpkin chocolate chip bread last for about a week if you store it in the refrigerator. You can freeze the moist pumpkin bread for about 3 months. When freezing the bread, be sure to wrap it a few times in plastic and then put it in a freezer bag. This will prevent freezer burn.
Can This Bread be Made ahead
What I love about this bread is that it can be made ahead. If you want to make the bread and then serve it the next day or in a few days, you can serve it once it has cooled. If you like to eat this bread warm, with the right from the oven feel, you can reheat it slightly in the microwave. Another delicious option is to butter a slice of the pumpkin bread and then put it, butter side down, in a skillet. This will caramelize the sugars and create a grilled crust on the bread. This mixture of sweet and a little salty with crunchy and moist is an amazing treat. Be aware, once you try it, you might become addicted.
Ingredients in Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- pumpkin puree
- canola oil
- baking soda
- ground nutmeg
- kosher salt
- semi sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray two loaf pans with pam baking spray
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the pumpkin, sugar, oil, water, and eggs until combined
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt
Gradually mix in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined
Mix in the chocolate chips
Pour the batter into the two loaf pans
Bake for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
Allow to cool completely before enjoying!
Want More Pumpkin Recipes?
- Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts – Pumpkin spice season is officially here! If you’re a pumpkin spice lover like me, you absolutely MUST try these pumpkin spice doughnuts!
- Pumpkin Meringue Pie Recipe – Pumpkin meringue pie has all the traditional flavors of pumpkin pie with even more pizzazz! You will find a delicious pumpkin pie filling topped with a luscious meringue.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe – These fantastic and scrumptious pumpkin cheesecake bars are perfect for fall weather! Every single bite is utterly delicious and hits the spot when you are craving all things pumpkin.
- Pumpkin Bread with maple icing – This pumpkin bread recipe is an easy pumpkin bread that’s great for sharing…if you can stop yourself from eating the entire loaf yourself! Don’t you just love everything about fall?
- Pumpkin Caramel Latte Cupcake – These pumpkin caramel latte cupcakes combine two of fall’s most popular flavors and taste phenomenal. You will be in food heaven when you bite into the moist cupcakes and taste the cinnamon frosting and caramel drizzle.
- Pumpkin Breakfast Casserole – This pumpkin breakfast casserole is an easy breakfast casserole that’s perfect for fall or any other time of the year. An ideal Thanksgiving breakfast or fall weekend brunch!
Pumpkin Cake Recipes
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Cake – This Better Than Sex Cake Pumpkin Cake is the best pumpkin cake recipe you’ll ever make. There’s only a handful of ingredients, so it’s easy to make, and it’ll impress everyone you know!
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake – These Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake is one of my favorite bundt cake recipes for fall. It’s both easy and delicious and looks beautiful on any dessert table!
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake Recipe – This flavorful pumpkin spice coffee cake is a yummy treat just in time for all the fall weather that’s coming. Once you taste this pumpkin coffee cake, you will feel like you are living in food heaven.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe – This moist, delicious, and easy to make pumpkin chocolate chip bars recipe is one of the best things you will ever taste. Is there seriously anything better than combining pumpkin and chocolate?
- 2 C pumpkin puree
- 3 C sugar
- 2/3 C water
- 1 C canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 3 1/2 C flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray two loaf pans with pam baking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the pumpkin, sugar, oil, water and eggs until combined
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined
- Mix in the chocolate chips
- Pour the batter into the two loaf pans
- Bake for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely before enjoying!
Save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂