Chicken Wild Rice Casserole Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Looking for chicken wild rice casserole? Wait until you try this recipe. With fresh flavors, this simple to make wild rice casserole is a healthy comfort meal that is great for a weeknight dinner or for Sunday dinner.
The Best Chicken Wild Rice Casserole You Will Eat
I love chicken and rice. There are so many ways to make it. It is a filling dinner casserole and most people like it, even fussy eaters. This chicken wild rice casserole is perfect for any occasion. Since it is a one pot meal, it is easy clean up too, which makes it even better.
What to Serve with Wild Rice Casserole
This wild rice casserole is a complete meal all by itself. You don’t have to worry about making anything else with it, unless you are thinking dessert. While this recipe is great any time of year, somehow it has me thinking about Fall. Here are some of my favorite dall dessert recipe.
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake Recipe – This flavorful pumpkin spice coffee cake is a yummy treat just in time for all the fall weather that’s coming. Once you taste this pumpkin coffee cake, you will feel like you are living in food heaven.
- Pumpkin Meringue Pie Recipe – Pumpkin meringue pie has all the traditional flavors of pumpkin pie with even more pizzazz! You will find a delicious pumpkin pie filling topped with a luscious meringue.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe – This moist, delicious, and easy to make pumpkin chocolate chip bars recipe is one of the best things you will ever taste. Is there seriously anything better than combining pumpkin and chocolate? No way!
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe – These fantastic and scrumptious pumpkin cheesecake bars are perfect for fall weather! Every single bite is utterly delicious and hits the spot when you are craving all things pumpkin.
How to Store the Best Chicken and Rice Casserole
When you have leftovers of this chicken and rice casserole, you will want to wrap it tightly in plastic or move the leftovers to an airtight container. Keep the leftovers in the refrigerator. If the chicken and rice casserole is stored properly it will stay good for up to 3 days.
How to Reheat Rice Casserole Recipes
If you have leftovers that you have saved in the refrigerator, you might want to know how to reheat them. You can reheat the leftovers in the casserole dish you stored it in. In that case, heat the leftovers in the oven. If you have stored the casserole in an airtight container, you can reheat the leftovers in the microwave.
Don’t Want to Eat the Chicken Wild Rice Casserole Again
While this is the best chicken rice casserole, you still might get tired of eating it by the 2nd or 3rd day. If that is the case, simply turn this chicken wild rice casserole into something new. Make Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. Take the leftovers and heat on the stove with chicken broth. If you don’t have chicken broth on hand you can use water and chicken bullion cubes. Heat it until is heated through. The best chicken and rice casserole dish has now become an amazing soup recipe.
Ingredients in Chicken Wild Rice Casserole
- white onion
- wild rice
- chicken broth
- boneless/ skinless raw chicken tenders
- unsalted butter
- poultry seasoning
- whole milk
- Non-stick cooking spray
How to Make Chicken Wild Rice Casserole
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Prep the baking dish but cooking spray.
Add the rice and broth in the prepped baking dish.
Cover tightly with foil.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr +15 minutes.
Check on the rice and when it is almost done add the melted butter into a small sauce pan. Heat on medium while add the flour, salt, and poultry seasoning Stir to mix. Cook for one minute. Then begin to slowly add the milk while whisking. This will form a thick and creamy sauce.
Remove the rice in the baking dish from the oven once it is done. Carefully removing the foil from the baking dish. Add the chicken and the sauce, stirring to combine all ingredients.
Return to the oven. Increase the heat to 450 degrees baking for 30-20 minutes. (Or until the chicken is no longer pink)
Top with salt, pepper, and parsley.
Now, time to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Chicken Wild Rice Casserole Recipe
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 5 large celery, chopped
- 1 C wild rice
- 3 C chicken broth
- 1 lb. boneless/ skinless raw chicken tenders, cut into small pieces
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 4 TBSP flour
- 2 C whole milk
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep the baking dish but cooking spray.
- Add the rice and broth in the prepped baking dish.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr +15 minutes.
- Check on the rice and when it is almost done add the melted butter into a small sauce pan. Heat on medium while add the flour, salt, and poultry seasoning Stir to mix. Cook for one minute. Then begin to slowly add the milk while whisking. This will form a thick and creamy sauce.
- Remove the rice in the baking dish from the oven once it is done. Carefully removing the foil from the baking dish. Add the chicken and the sauce, stirring to combine all ingredients.
- Return to the oven. Increase the heat to 450 degrees baking for 30-20 minutes. (Or until the chicken is no longer pink)
- Top with salt, pepper, and parsley.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Want other Rice Casseroles Recipes:
Hawaiian Fried Rice – Hawaiian fried rice is the perfect side dish for many meals! This Hawaiian style fried rice has a little bit of everything. Chunks of pineapple, vegetables, prosciutto, and more.
Garlic Chicken Stir Fry Recipe – You can make this garlic chicken stir fry recipe in less than 30 minutes! I love meals that I can throw together during those busy nights, so we aren’t tempted to hit a drive-thru.
Cheesy Stuffed Turkey Meatballs with Cauliflower Rice – These cheesy stuffed turkey meatballs served with easy cauliflower rice are a dinner the family will be asking you to make again and again.
Garlic Butter Chicken with Parmesan Cauliflower Rice – This garlic butter chicken with cheesy cauliflower rice is a flavorful, delicious, and easy meal the entire family will love. When you taste the garlic butter sauce for chicken, you will be hooked for life! It’s seriously so scrumptious!