This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These amazing Cappuccino Muffins make waking up for work so much easier! I personally don’t like coffee unless it has lots of milk, sugar, whipped cream, and caramel syrup. 🙂 My husband on the other hand, drinks his coffee black every morning. He loves coffee, so much I could say that he is addicted. If he does not get his coffee, watch out! You do not want to cross his path! Hahaha! Just kidding…he is not that bad, but he does love his coffee. I made these indulgent muffins with him in mind. These moist muffins feature a rich espresso flavor bursting with chocolate chips and crunchy coffee beans, topped with a dollop of creamy coffee-flavored topping and sprinkled with chocolate shavings. Make these scrumptious muffins for the coffee lover in your family!
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup vanilla caster sugar, or super fine sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- coffee beans
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin papers
- Melt butter in a small saucepan on low heat, remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar; set aside.
- In a two cup measuring cup, add milk, egg, and coffee granules. Stir until coffee is dissolved. Pour coffee mixture onto the flour/sugar and add the melted butter.
- Stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Do not over mix. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle with coffee beans.
- Bake until muffins are springy to the touch, 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes in the muffin pan then place on cooling rack.
- 6-8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla caster sugar (or super fine sugar and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract)
- ½ teaspoon instant espresso powder
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a flat beater attached, combine mascarpone cheese, sugar and espresso powder. Beat until blended. Add chocolate chip and fold into topping. Spread onto muffins.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!