Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pitas are stuffed with mixed baby greens, shredded chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, and Asiago cheese. I don’t know about you, but I am have never been so ready for spring! With all of this snow and ice that we have been slammed with this winter, I am counting down the days to spring break so I can sink my toes in the sand! Unfortunately, that is still 49 days away (I told you I was counting down! :)) So in the meantime, I have been enjoying these pita sandwiches to get us through the terrible winter. These chicken pitas are delicious, quick, easy and light! I just love it when I find delicious Cooking Light recipes! 🙂
We loved this recipe so much that we ate these two days in a row. Using the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes to prepare the vinaigrette for this zesty sandwich couldn’t be easier.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 cup chopped tomato (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 6 (6-inch) pitas, cut in half
- 3 cups mixed baby greens
In a large bowl, balsamic vinegar, sun dried tomato oil, sun dried tomatoes, pepper and garlic. Stir in chicken, tomato, cheese, and basil. Line each pita half with 1/4 cup greens. Divide chicken mixture evenly among pita halves.
Source: Cooking Light, July 2007