Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili is going to be your new favorite comforting meal idea. It’s wonderful to enjoy on a cold winter day or in the middle of the summer. Chicken taco chili is filled with tons of flavor from peppers, onions, tomatoes, seasonings, and lots of juicy chicken.
Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
There’s nothing like coming home from a long day at work and having dinner ready and waiting when you walk through the door. No, I’m not talking about delivery pizza or fast food. I’m talking a simmered all day, warm, comforting, hearty bowl of soup! Especially when the temperatures barely creep out of the 40’s and mother nature has decided to drop several inches of rain on you. It’s days like this I just want to hide out under a blanket and forget that I actually have to be an adult. 😉
This soup was a huge hit with my family! Not only because it was super delicious, but it was so easy to make. All you have to do is toss it into your slow cooker and turn it on. After 6 hours of slow cooking, dinner is served!
Topping Ideas For Chicken Chili
Oh, there are so many incredible toppings for taco chili. They are all wonderful and go so well with all the flavors in this slow cooker taco chili. Let’s take a look:
- Sour Cream
- Pico de Gallo
- Corn Chips
- Tortilla Chips
- Cheese – any variety of cheese will work.
- Greek Yogurt
- Green Onions
- Lime Wedges
Can I Use Taco Seasoning To Replace Spices
Yes, of course, you can swap out the seasonings for taco seasonings or switch out the spices! We love the flavor of all the seasonings in the recipe, but if you are on a time crunch or like different flavors, that is okay. Remember, every time you make an adjustment, it’s going to taste different from what I made it.
Variations to Recipe
I enjoy chili because you can easily adjust the flavors with a variety of ingredients. Here are a few of our favorite variations.
- Ground Beef – Swap out the chicken for ground beef. It’s a lovely option and tastes awesome too.
- Sweet Potatoes – Chop up some sweet potatoes into small bite-sized pieces. Add them to the chili, and it’s incredible.
- Sriracha – Add a sprinkle or two of sriracha into the chili. It’s a great way to add some heat if you want some!
- Ground Turkey – Another wonderful protein to consider adding to the chili. We love using turkey from time to time.
Storing This Taco Chili
After the chicken soup crockpot recipe is done cooking, let it cool all the way down. After the chili has cooled, you can place it in a large food container or individual sized containers. Then after it has cooled, place it in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can easily warm it up for leftover lunch or dinner. I recommend warming it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or in a pot on the stovetop. Both are easy and quick ways to enjoy this slow cooker taco chili.
Does it Freeze Well
Oh yes, this crock pot chicken taco chili freezes wonderfully. I recommend putting it in a freezer safe bag or container. Fill it 2/3 full and remove any air out of the container—place in the freezer for up to three months. Then thaw and reheat whenever you want to serve it. It makes lovely leftovers for any occasion.
Can I Double This Crockpot Soup
Oh absolutely! You can simply double the recipe and cook it as recommended. There isn’t anything special or different you need to do. Just double and cook it the same. Enjoy, and you will be able to feed a hungry crowd anytime!
The combination of the ingredients and seasonings are beautiful together. They will give you the best taco chili you can ever taste.
- Black beans
- Kidney beans
- Minced garlic cloves
- Medium chopped onion
- Minced jalapeño pepper
- Chopped Green bell pepper
- Frozen corn kernels
- Tomato sauce
- Fire-roasted diced tomatoes with chipotles, undrained
- Diced tomatoes, undrained
- Chili powder
- Dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Skinless, boneless chicken breasts, uncooked
- Chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
Okay, now it’s time to get down to the nitty-gritty and whip up this chicken taco chili. You aren’t going to find an easier slow cooker taco chili recipe. Let’s get started so you can get in the kitchen and make your new go-to soup recipe.
First Step: Add the black beans, kidney beans, bell peppers, corn, garlic, jalapenos, tomatoes sauce, diced tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and oregano to your slow cooker. Stir well and combine the ingredients.
Step Two: Add the pieces of raw chicken to the slow cooker. Stir then cook on low for 6-8 hours or cook on high for 4 hours.
Step Three: When it’s almost time to serve the slow cooker taco chili, you will need to remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred it. Once it’s shredded add it back into the slow cooker and cook for 30 more minutes. Add a little bit of salt and pepper to taste. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy a hot bowl of goodness.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 1 (16-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn kernels
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) fire-roasted diced tomatoes with chipotles, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, uncooked
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a slow cooker, combine the black beans, kidney beans, garlic, jalapeño, bell pepper, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Add in the raw chicken breasts and stir.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Thirty minutes before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return to pot and continue to simmer for an additional 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with your favorite chili toppings, such as cheese, sour cream, or tortilla strips.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 594mgCarbohydrates: 25gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 8gSugar: 5gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 20g
We literally eat soup all year long. It’s too tasty to resist. Let’s take a look at some of our go-to soup recipes that I think you will enjoy.
Potato Soup – Everyone needs a really good and delicious potato soup recipe. This one is wonderful for all occasions.
Tomato Tortellini Soup – I can’t resist a second bowl of this tomato tortellini soup every time I make it. It’s so easy to make too.
Instant Pot Cabbage Soup – If you want to break out your pressure cooker for soup, this is a great one to try. It’s fulfilling and will please everyone.
The Ultimate Instant Pot Homemade Chicken Soup – This tasty chicken soup has chili and lime to give you a zesty goodness that’s irresistible.