This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This is the Best Instant Pot Cabbage Soup recipe because is an easy Instant Pot soup recipe. It’s essentially an unstuffed cabbage roll turned into a soup and made without the hassle of traditional cabbage rolls.
It is the best beef cabbage soup recipe you can find.
The Best Instant Pot Cabbage Soup Recipe
If you need a quick and cozy meal, this Instant Pot Cabbage Soup will quickly become a favorite.
It is such an easy way to bring everyone around the table with a tasty meal. This cabbage soup is made with beef and tomatoes and is reminiscent of what I would consider an unstuffed cabbage roll. It is absolutely heavenly! If you love traditional cabbage rolls, you’ll love this cabbage roll soup or unstuffed cabbage roll.
It’s all the flavors and ingredients of the traditional dish without any of the work or clean-up.
How to Make Stuffed Cabbage Soup Fast
The fact that you can make this Stuffed Cabbage Soup in the Instant Pot is even better and makes it a breeze to throw together on those busy nights! Cabbage can be kind of tough to cook correctly, as it can come out overcooked or a bit tough.
That’s where the pressure cooker comes in as even those who have no idea how to cook cabbage will find it turns out perfectly in the Instant Pot.
Cabbage rolls can take so long to make in the oven and when you are in a crunch for time, that just won’t work.
Not to mention all the time required to assemble them! Instant Pot Cabbage Soup to the rescue for days like this! Only 35 minutes on the soup setting and you have an amazing meal for all the cabbage lovers in your family. Everything in this soup turns out so tender and will just melt in your mouth. So good!
Variations to Beef Cabbage Soup
This is a very easy soup to switch up and change. It is easy to change this beef cabbage soup depending on your tastes, preferences, or just what you have on hand at the time.
If you like even more veggies in your soups, you can add other things that you have in the fridge such as carrots or celery. The possibilities are really up to you with this base soup that I have provided for you.
Ground Beef, Ground Chicken, Ground Pork, or even Ground Sausage– Whatever meat you have on hand works great with beef cabbage soup. Another option is to mix meats to give this soup multi-levels of flavor.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Cabbage
While this Instant Pot Cabbage is a meal all on its own, there are plenty of things that can be paired with it. I like to have a piece of crusty bread or these Cheesy Quick Biscuits Recipe. A simple side salad works well too. Once you have picked the perfect dinner, you will want to make the perfect dessert.
- Easy Caramel Apple Dip Recipe – Want an easy Easy Caramel Apple Dip Recipe? Caramel is a delicious flavor to pair with apples. This dip is great for encouraging kids to eat more fruit.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe – These fantastic and scrumptious pumpkin cheesecake bars are perfect for fall weather! Every single bite is utterly delicious and hits the spot when you are craving all things pumpkin
- Instant Pot Apple Cake Recipe – Easy and delicious, this Instant Pot apple cake will knock your socks off! This apple cake has just the right amount of cinnamon, and Granny Smith diced apples.
How to Store Instant Pot Cabbage Soup
After you have made this soup, you can store it in the same pot that it has cooked in from the Instant Pot. You can also change the soup into an airtight container. Keep the soup in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Can Stuffed Cabbage Soup be Frozen
This stuffed cabbage soup recipe can be frozen as a freezer meal or if you make too much and the leftovers will not be eaten in time. Store the soup in freezer bags or in an airtight container.
If storing in a container, before adding the lid to the container, add a layer of plastic wrap against the soup. This will help reduce the risk of freezer burn.
Ingredients in Beef Cabbage Soup
- olive oil
- lean ground pork
- lean ground beef
- salt and pepper
- bay leaves
- fresh thyme
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- white rice
- diced tomatoes
- crushed tomatoes
- beef broth
How to make Instant Pot Cabbage Soup
Step 1. Begin to make this unstuffed cabbage roll by adding oil, onions, and spices to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Step 2. After onions are soft, add ground beef and pork to the Instant Pot and saute until brown.
Step 3. When the ground meat is fully cooked, cancel saute mode and switch to soup mode.
Step 4. Add tomatoes to the Instant Pot.
Step 5. Add rice, cabbage and all other ingredients to the Instant Pot Cabbage Soup.
Step 6. Cook on the soup setting for 35 minutes.
Enjoy Instant Pot Cabbage Soup hot.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Best Instant Pot Cabbage Soup
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pound of lean ground pork
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- ½ large onion, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup of uncooked white rice
- 24 ounces of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 24 ounces of crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 6 cups of beef broth*
- 1 head of cabbage, cored and chopped
- To the Instant Pot, press saute mode for 8 minutes.
- Add oil, once oil is hot add in onions, seasonings, herbs, and worcestershire sauce. Allow onions to get a little soft, about 1 minute.
- Next, add in both ground pork and beef. Stiring often, brown meat. (Adjust time if needed to continue cooking until browned.)
- Once meat has browned, hit the cancel button to stop the saute mode, if not done yet. Add in remaining ingredients and stir together to combine. Cover the Instant Pot with the lid set to sealing, and set timer to 35 minutes high pressure on the manual (or soup) setting.
- Once the timer goes off, press the cancel button, and do a quick release.
For a more liquidy soup, add in an additional 2-3 cups of beef broth (or water) to the soup, once it is done.
Garnish with cheese, sour cream, parsley*** optional 8 Freestyle Smartpoints
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Want more Instant Pot Soup Recipes
I love using the Instant Pot for soup recipes. It creates a rich slow-cooked taste to the soups but in way less time than traditional cooking.
instant Pot Soup recipes are also great for when I want to make a great tasting soup but do not have time, or didn’t think ahead to cook it in the slow cooker. These are some of my favorite Instant Pot soup recipes.
Instant Pot Turkey Noodle Soup With Vegetables – Looking for some fantastically delicious comfort food that’s easy to make? Then you are in luck because this turkey noodle soup is outstanding! It’s full of soothing ingredients, takes minimal effort to create, and friends and family can’t resist it.
Instant Pot Smoked Sausage And Bean Soup – Oh, the amazing flavors in this Instant Pot smoked sausage and bean soup is out of this world. Perfectly smokey sausage with protein-packed beans is the hearty meal you are looking for.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup – Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is the easiest, most flavorful chicken noodle soup you’ll ever make! With this chicken noodle soup Instant Pot recipe, there’s no need to wait hours for a savory soup.