Ok…i admit it. I love cookie dough! I know, I know it is not the safest thing to eat, but it is so irresistible. When making cupcakes, brownies and cookie dough it is hard to resist not licking the spoons and beaters.
It has been engrained in me since I was a little girl when my mom would make something. She would always hand one beater to me and one to my brother. If you are a cookie dough fanatic like me then this recipe is for you! The cookie dough does not contain any eggs, so go ahead and break off a piece, you can eat these without fear! These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies combine two favorites into one delicious indulgence.
Fudgy chocolate brownies are topped with egg-free cookie dough and finished with a chocolate ganache. Three layers of irresistible goodness!
For the Brownies:
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
For the Cookie Dough:
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the Ganache:
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 13×9 inch metal baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they have baked.) Butter the parchment.
- Place chocolate in a 1 cup glass measuring cup. Microwave for 1 minute and stir. Continue to microwave in 30 second increments until chocolate has completely melted; set aside to cool slightly.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and brown sugar until combined, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract until combined, about 30 seconds. Mix in melted chocolate until combined. Mix in flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake 25 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached. Transfer pan to wire rack and cool completely.
- To make the cookie dough layer, In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in milk and vanilla until combined, about 1 minute. Mix in flour just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread cookie dough over the cooled brownies.
- To make the chocolate ganache, heat semisweet chocolate and milk in the microwave for 30 seconds then stir. Continue to microwave in 15 second increments until smooth. Pour over cookie dough layer. Transfer pan to the refrigerator to let chocolate ganache set up completely.