Chocolate Ice Cream
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers out there! 🙂 What better way to celebrate than with a scoop of this rich and creamy homemade chocolate ice cream? This ice cream couldn’t be easier to make. Just melt the chocolate, whisk in the remaining ingredients and mix in the ice cream maker. In about four hours you have homemade ice cream that will have all the neighbors lining up at your door. 😉
I can’t think of a better way to spend a warm summer night then with a scoop of this decadent frozen treat!
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Chocolate Ice Cream
- 4 squares, 1 oz size unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- In a metal bowl set over a pan of lightly simmering water, melt chocolate. Gradually whisk in the milk and heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute.
- Add the cream, vanilla and salt and whisk to blend. Pour the chocolate mixture into the cream mixture and blend.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Chill in freezer until very cold (40 degrees) about 30 to 60 minutes.
- Start ice cream maker and add the mixture. Mix until ice cream has the consistency of soft serve ice cream, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from ice cream machine canister and transfer to an airtight container. Freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Source: Ben & Jerry’s Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book