This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Decadent chocolate cookies with malted milk powder, crushed Whoppers, and chocolate chunks. These cookies came together in no time at all. But I warn you, it is VERY hard to resist eating the dough, which reminded me of thick chocolate frosting. Mmmm…frosting! 😉 These cookies include malted milk as an ingredient.
I have made several recipes on my blog with malted milk and have had excellent results. The Brewer’s Blondies actually have whoppers in them too and the Malted Milk Sandwich Cookies taste like a vanilla Oreo! I love malted milk, especially in old-fashioned chocolate malted milkshakes. When I stumbled across this recipe with malted milk powder in my Dorie Greenspan cookbook, they immediately caught my eye.
They are perfect for dunking in a glass of milk, making into ice cream sandwiches or just eating them straight out of the oven. Crispy edges and a chewy, gooey center make these cookies a definite winner with my family!
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Chocolate Malted Whopper Drops
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup malted milk powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick plus 3 tbsp butter, 11 tablespoons, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, malted milk powder, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar together on medium speed for about 3 minutes, until thoroughly combined. Add the eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute after each addition. Beat in the vanilla until combined. Add half of the dry ingredients and beat at low speed just until combined. Mix in the milk, then the remaining dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. With the mixer on low, mix in the malted milk balls and chopped chocolate.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls on to the sheets, leaving about 2 inches of space between each. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, rotating the baking sheets front to back and top to bottom halfway through the baking time. Let the cookies rest for 2 minutes before using a wide metal spatula to transfer them to the racks to cool to room temperature.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Source: Baking: From My Home to Yours