Cookie Dough Truffles
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
All-day long, I dream of these heavenly Cookie Dough Truffles. If you have a craving strike and you are in NEED of chocolate, this is your saving grace. This recipe couldn’t be any easier, and it tastes like it was made in a high-quality candy factory.
I don’t want you to take my word for it; I think you should taste them so you can see how incredible they are.
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Cookie Dough Truffles Recipe
We all know about my love of cookies; in fact, I have over 75 cookie recipes on this blog. That’s right, over 75! If you haven’t had a chance to check them out, head on over to my recipe index for all of them. All of us who have ever made homemade cookies know how tempting the raw dough can be. Although I am aware that sneaking a bite of dough carries a risk, I find it absolutely irresistible. With these cookie dough truffles, I can indulge with no fear, so go ahead and break off a piece. Just make sure you leave enough to dip in chocolate. 😉
These bite-sized truffles would make the perfect Valentine’s Day treat for your sweetie, that is if you are willing to share! 😀
Truffles are a must-have during the holiday months. We love to make batches of cookies and truffles to give away as gifts. Trust me; there is nothing better than making people smile with homemade goodies.
These cookie dough truffles aren’t like regular truffles because they are so delicious.
Do I Have to Cook the Flour for Safety?
Yes, before consuming raw flour, you should cook it first. This will help prevent you from catching any food-borne illnesses. To cook the flour, you just need to warm up your oven to 350 degrees F. After it’s hot, add the flour to a baking sheet and spread it out, so it’s a thin layer. Then place the pan in the oven for 5-7 minutes. Allow it to cool down all the way before continuing with your recipe. It’s vital to know that you don’t need to make the flour turn brown or anything. You simply need to warm it up to 165 degrees F. to prevent any illness.
Can I Use White Chocolate for Truffles?
Of course, you can use white chocolate to make these truffles if you want. White chocolate tastes AMAZING with the cookie dough. When the holidays hit, sometimes we make a variety of truffles mixed with white chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate. You can also use bittersweet or milk chocolate if you are in the mood for those.
These truffles are so simple to make, and the flavors are really versatile, so they go well with a variety of chocolates.
Do Truffles Have to Be Refrigerated?
While the chocolate truffles don’t have to be refrigerated after they set up, I find they last longer and taste better if they are. If you allow the truffles to set out, they can start to soften up a fair amount, and sometimes the chocolate will become melted. Keeping them in the fridge allows the chocolate to stay cool and prevents melting. Plus, they taste really amazing when they come directly from the fridge.
You will not only enjoy how wonderful the truffles taste but how inexpensive they are to make too. You only need 8 ingredients, and none of them will break the bank. They are simple, straightforward ingredients that taste perfectly together.
- Light brown sugar, packed
- Granulated white sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Semi-sweet chocolate
How to Make Cookie Dough Truffles
You don’t need to spend time baking cookies when you need a sweet treat quickly. These truffles come together fast, and they will please a crowd quickly!
First Step: Use waxed paper to line a baking sheet then set aside.
Second Step: Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, combine the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together until they are uniform, light, and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Next pour in the milk and vanilla until combined, about 1 minute. Slowly add in the flour just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Third Step: Take about 2 teaspoons full and shape it into balls. Then place the cookie balls on prepared pan, and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Fourth Step: Combine the shortening and chocolate together in a metal bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water and melt. Stir on occasion until the mixture is smooth and then remove from heat.
Fifth Step: Only work with 4 truffles at a time. Dip the balls in chocolate using a spoon or a dipping fork. Then place them on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. So they stay together, keep the undipped balls in the refrigerator until ready to dip.
Sixth Step: After you have covered all the cookie balls in chocolate, place them in the fridge until the chocolate coating is set. If desired, add some extra chocolate drizzle on the balls for decoration.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Cookie Dough Truffles
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons shortening
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in milk and vanilla until combined, about 1 minute. Mix in flour just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Shape into balls using 2 teaspoons of dough for each ball. Place on prepared pan, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Melt shortening and chocolate together in a metal bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water. Stir occasionally until smooth, and remove from heat.
- Working about 4 balls at a time, dip balls in chocolate using a spoon or a dipping fork and place on a waxed paper lined baking sheet. Keep the undipped balls in the refrigerator until ready to dip.
- Once you have covered all the balls in chocolate, place in the refrigerator until the chocolate coating is set. If desired, drizzle chocolate on the balls for decoration.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Because I love chocolate so much, I wanted to share with you some of our favorite chocolate recipes! You will be so glad you tried them and have some new go-to ideas to add to your cookbook!
- Coffee Lover’s Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake – If you love chocolate and coffee, then you really need to try this coffee cake! It’s one of my favorite recipes ever and can’t ever seem to get enough of it.
- Triple Threat Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies – Holy cow, these are some of the most mouthwatering, decadent, drool-worthy cookies ever! Try them, and you will be a fan!
- Churros con Chocolate – These crispy churros have a soft center that is literally one of the best things to ever touch my tongue. It’s perfect for any occasion too.
- Brown Butter Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars – Sometimes, I get in the mood for cookie bars. They are so simple and don’t take a lot of attention or work on my part. These are splendid!