These Triple Threat Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies are heavenly! They are jam-packed with lots of chocolate and peanut butter to give you an explosion of incredible flavor. There is no way to turn down a cookie or two when they are offered to you because they are so good! The mind-blowing flavor is something you won’t forget anytime in the near future! Don’t hesitate, because making a batch of these cookies is an excellent idea and you will be in love immediately.
Triple Threat Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut butter meets chocolate. The ultimate duo, right? For me, it is one of those things that is a borderline obsession. I am always on the hunt for a new recipe that combines these two, so imagine my reaction when I stumbled upon this recipe for these Triple Threat Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies! Peanut butter and chocolate lovers rejoice! If this recipe doesn’t have you racing into the kitchen opening up that jar of creamy peanut butter, I don’t know what will. Thick and chewy cookies packed with peanut butter and milk chocolate chips. I would be lying if I said that I actually let these cool to room temperature before devouring. No, they smelled so incredible baking I couldn’t wait for them to cool and actually burnt my tongue on the hot and melty chocolate chips. Have you ever burnt your tongue? It’s not a fun experience! Ha! The things I do for you guys! 😉
Because I love these chocolate cookies so much, I tend to make them pretty often. I have to give some away, though, so I don’t end up eating the entire batch all by myself. Don’t judge; they are seriously that insanely good! There is nothing more traditional than pairing chocolate and peanut butter together, and these cookies will become one of your favorite recipes too.
Do I Have to Use Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder?
I find that to get the most intense chocolate flavor, it’s best to use dark chocolate cocoa powder. It gives you the best bang for your buck and will make the cookies so irresistible and delicious. You are more than welcome to try different types of cocoa powder to see what you prefer. I have a feeling you are going to enjoy the dark cocoa powder the very best.
Can You Add Nuts to These Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies?
Yes, adding nuts is a lovely way to add flavor and give them a delightful crunch when you bite into one. Really you could go with almost any nut you are in the mood for. I find that pecans and walnuts taste amazing with chocolate and peanut butter. Hazelnuts and crushed peanuts would also be terrific choices too.
When these twelve ingredients are combined, you will get an explosion of chocolatey goodness paired with peanut butter in every single bite. If you throw a batch of these cookies together and serve them for all sorts of events or even bake sales. Take a look at these simple ingredients.
- All-purpose flour
- Dark cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Butter, at room temperature
- Peanut butter
- White granulated sugar
- Pure vanilla extract
- Semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- Milk chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chips
How to Make Triple Threat Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies
One taste of these triple threat chocolate fudge peanut butter cookies, and you will have a new friend for life. They are terrific for the Christmas season, dinner parties, barbecues, or any other time when you want to “wow” your friends and family. So, no more waiting around get in the kitchen and make a batch of these beautiful heavenly fudge peanut butter cookies.
First Step: Use a medium bowl then add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Give it a few stirs with a whisk then set aside for later.
Second Step: Using the bowl of a stand mixer that has been fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, peanut butter, and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Slowly add the eggs, one at a time, being sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Pour in the vanilla and beat until combined. Reduce speed to low and carefully add flour mixture, beating to combine. Mix in the melted chocolate and beat until combined. Fold in milk chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Transfer the dough to a sheet of plastic wrap, wrap it up and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
Third Step: After you have chilled the dough and are ready to bake the cookies, you will need to preheat the oven to 350°F. Then line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Fourth Step: Start off by rolling a heaping tablespoon of dough into a 1½-inch ball and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Then repeat with the remaining dough. Make sure to space the balls about 2 inches apart, so they don’t touch as they bake.
Fifth Step: Bake until cookies are set in the center and begin to crack, which is about 10 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on sheets for 2 minutes before transferring cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
These Triple Threat Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies are heavenly! They are jam-packed with lots of chocolate and peanut butter to give you an explosion of incredible flavor.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup peanut butter chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, peanut butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add vanilla and beat until combined. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture, beat to combine. Add melted chocolate and beat until combined. Fold in milk chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Transfer the dough to a sheet of plastic wrap, wrap it up and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into a 1½-inch ball and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing the balls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies are set in center and begin to crack, about 10 minutes. Let cookies cool on sheets for 2 minutes before transferring cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Source: adapted from How Sweet It Is
Do your taste buds go to bed at night and dream of yummy cookie recipes? I know mine does! These triple threat chocolate fudge peanut butter cookies will leave you desiring even more treats. Here are some cookies that you are going to want to try as well.
- Margarita Sandwich Cookies Recipe With Lime Buttercream – There is so much flavor and so much to love about these incredible cookies. I can’t wait for you to try them.
- Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies – These are another option for when you have a desire to eat something insanely chocolatey. They are perfect every time.
- Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies – If you are a fan of all things related to coffee, you should taste these intense cookies. They are just plain awesome.
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies – I have become a huge fan of salted caramel over the last few years. I have a feeling this combination is going to be around for a long time.