This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Double Chocolate Walnut Biscotti studded with roasted walnuts and chocolate chunks just waiting to be dunked in you morning coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. I love biscotti, but you might remember that I hate coffee. Well maybe not all coffee… just regular coffee-give me a sugary coffee drink with whipped cream and drizzled caramel any day! I start most of my mornings with a cup of tea and sometimes some delicious biscotti. This quick and easy biscotti also makes great gifts for family and friends.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Double Chocolate Walnut Biscotti
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 stick, 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder, dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate, 60% cocoa, chopped
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a separate baking sheet, spread the walnuts nuts onto baking sheet and place in preheated oven 6-8 minutes until fragrant. Shake the baking sheet halfway through baking so the nuts will toast evenly. Remove nuts from oven and set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and beat until incorporated. Stir in flour mixture until just combined to form a stiff dough. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- On prepared baking sheet divide dough into two portions. Form into two slightly flattened logs, each 12 inches long and 2 inches wide, and sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. Bake logs 25-35 minutes, or until slightly firm to the touch. Cool biscotti on baking sheet 5 minutes.
- On a cutting board cut biscotti diagonally into 3/4-inch slices. Arrange biscotti, cut sides down, on baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 5 minutes each side. Cool biscotti on a rack.
- Biscotti keep in airtight containers 1 week and frozen, 1 month.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!