Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
These delicious chocolate peanut butter cookies will leave you yearning for more. They are decadent, sweet, and perfect for all occasions. You can make these surprise cookies with 11 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time!
This chocolate peanut butter cookie recipe has easily become one of my go-to cookies because the flavor is out of this world. Whether you are hosting a party, having a holiday cookie exchange, or are just craving something sweet, these peanut butter filled cookies should be on your radar. So, if you want a dessert that will win over any crowd, make these peanut butter and chocolate cookies, and they will disappear before your eyes.
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Every bite of these soft peanut butter filled cookies is so yummy. They are kid-friendly and the perfect dessert for parties or get-togethers. There are times when I don’t mind spending all day in the kitchen baking (I am a foodie after all), but once in a while, I love a pretty effortless recipe. These peanut butter filled chocolate cookies are exactly what I’m talking about. Easy and scrumptious.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients
- All-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa
- Baking soda
- Granulated sugar
- Packed brown sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Creamy peanut butter
- Powdered Sugar
How To Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
You’ll find that these are the best peanut butter cookies, and they just so happen to be super simple to make too. Take a look at these easy steps to make your own homemade peanut butter cookies.
First Step: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Second Step: Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt to a medium bowl. Whisk together and then set aside.
Third Step: Using the paddle attachment, beat the sugar, butter, and 1/4 cup of peanut butter in a stand mixer. It should be light and fluffy. Then add in the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Carefully add in flour mixture and combine well. Set aside.
Fourth Step: Make the peanut butter filling by mixing together the powdered sugar and rest of the creamy peanut butter. Mix until it’s smooth and creamy.
Fifth Step: Grab a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough and use your hands to flatten it. Add 1 teaspoon of peanut butter filling into the center of the dough. Wrap the chocolate cookie dough around the peanut butter and seal the edges by pressing them. Roll the dough into a ball and coat it in granulated sugar.
Sixth Step: Place cookie dough balls on to a prepared baking sheet. Leave 2-inches of space between them. Use a glass and flatten the cookies until they are around 1/2 inch thick and bake for 7-9 minutes.
Seventh Step: After the cookies are done, let them sit on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then you can move them to a wire rack.
How Do You Know When Cookies Are Done?
You will be able to tell that the surprise cookies are done when the edges have set up, and the centers appear to be slightly soft. You don’t want to overbake them, or they will become hard. If you pull them out of the oven when they are just a little underdone, they will finish baking on the cookie sheet.
When you bake this chocolate peanut butter cookie recipe, you can try out a few things with them if you want. They are positively delicious the way I have written it, but sometimes it’s nice to try a few things. Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle it on top of the cookies after they have baked. It will look gorgeous and like they were made in a bakery.
- Mix a little bit of chocolate with some peanut butter and melt it. Then drizzle the combination on top of the cookies for an added surprise.
- Put a piece of candy like a Hershey Kiss or Dove Chocolate square in the center of the cookie when you remove them from the oven. It takes these surprise cookies to a whole new level of amazing.
Can I Use Crunchy Peanut Butter Instead Of Creamy?
Yes, absolutely! If you don’t have creamy peanut butter or just prefer the flavor and texture of crunchy peanut butter, give it a try. I prefer the softness of the creamy peanut butter, but when you use crunchy, it gives them a whole new texture that’s also delicious.
You could also mix half creamy and half crunchy peanut butter too. That gives you a subtle crunch that’s also really good.
Can I Use Salted Butter Instead Of Unsalted?
Yes, you could use salted butter instead of unsalted butter if that’s what you have. It’s imperative to omit the salt from the recipe if you use salted butter. Otherwise, these cocoa peanut butter cookies will be extremely salty and not very good.
How Do You Store This Chocolate Cookie Recipe?
Allow the cookies to cool all the way after baking them. Once they have adequately cooled, you can put them into a sealed storage container with a lid. These easy chocolate peanut butter cookies will last around 2 weeks if they are appropriately stored. You don’t need to put them in the refrigerator, and they will last perfectly on the counter or in your pantry.
Can I Freeze This Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe?
Yes, you can freeze these peanut butter filled cookies! They are ideal for making ahead of time and grabbing when you need some. Place the cooled cookies in a plastic or glass storage container or freezer bag.
When the holidays are coming, I will often make up a few batches of cookies then they are ready whenever I want some. Plus, they are nice if we have last-minute dinner guests too.
If you love these chocolate peanut butter cookies as much as I do, you’re going to need to try some of my other amazing cookie recipes. Don’t forget to get a big glass of milk and enjoy some freshly baked cookies.
- Ginger Cookies With Cinnamon Filling – These are some of the best cookies I’ve ever tasted. They are soft, delicious, and impressive.
- Peanut Butter Easy Snickerdoodle Cookies – You’ve never had snickerdoodles like this before. I promise you won’t find a more flavorful combination of peanut butter, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Fresh Apple Oatmeal Cookies – If you love classic flavors, you are going to be hooked on this combination. Take these to your next potluck dinner, and the guests will rave about them.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together sugars, butter and 1/4 cup of peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and egg, beating to combine. Stir in the flour mixture and stir to combine, blending well. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together powdered sugar and remaining 3/4 cup of peanut butter until smooth.
- Pull off a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough and flatten with your hands. Take about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter mixture and place it in the center of the chocolate dough. Wrap the chocolate dough around the peanut butter center, pressing to seal. Roll the cookie into a ball and roll the cookie in the sugar. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart. Using the bottom of a glass, flatten each cookie to about a 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake in preheated oven for 7 to 9 minutes. Let stand on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then remove to a wire rack.