Looking for a simple and Easy Snickerdoodle Cookies recipe? Oh, this the best snickerdoodle cookies ever. Perfect for the holidays, or whenever you want a soft cookie treat.
The Best Easy Snickerdoodle Cookies Ever!
When it comes to cookies, I have a weakness for soft cookies. There is nothing better. With this soft snickerdoodle recipe, you can have peanut butter snickerdoodles whenever the craving hits. Learn how to freeze the cookie dough to use for later and how to ensure you have the softest, tastiest snickerdoodle cookies.
Can I Make These Snickerdoodle Cookies with Crunchy Peanut Butter?
While these cookies are made with creamy peanut butter you can make them with crunchy peanut butter. It will obviously change the texture of the cookie but for anyone looking for a crunch will enjoy this soft and crunchy texture of this cookie. If you prefer your peanut butter crunchy, you will like the way these crunchy peanut butter snickerdoodles taste.
Tips for making a soft snickerdoodle recipe
When you are looking for a sift cookie, these soft snickerdoodles are the best. If you are wondering how to ensure that these cookies stay soft there are a few tips.
- Use Butter Not Shortening. – Not only does it give the cookies a better taste, but the butter will also help make a soft cookie. Make sure the butter is softened. This helps it to incorporate into the batter best but it also creates a sift cookie.
- Use Brown Sugar– Brown sugar will draw moisture into the cookies. Using brown sugar, in addition to giving it a great flavor, will cause the cookies to stay soft.
- Do Not Over Bake– When it comes to a soft cookie, do not over bake it. When you bake the cookies for too long, it creates a hard crunchy cookie, even when the cookies haven’t burned. The cookies should be soft when you bring them out of the oven. Start checking the cookies around 11 minutes.
- Make Sure to Use the Leavening Agent: In this recipe, it does not use cream of tartar, but that won’t change the cookie. There is a slight tang that comes from using cream fo tartar that you will not get when using baking powder. The baking powder will cause the cookies to rise and puff up creating a soft cookie.
How to Store Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Cookies
If you have cookies that make it more than a few hours, and in my house, that is not always possible, then you will want to make sure you store these cookies properly so that they last. Since this recipe is for soft cookies, the last thing you want is to have cookies that are no longer soft the next day. Following the tips above, it will give you soft cookies, and if you store them properly, you can have soft cookies for a few days.
When storing the cookies, be sure to store them at room temperature. You will also want to make sure that the cookies are stored in an airtight container. A freezer bag or container works well for this. By keeping the air away from the cookies the cookies will stay soft.
How to Soften Cookies
If the cookies have started to get hard, you can make them soft again. Take the cookies and put them on a microwave safe plate. Wrap the cookies in a damp paper towel and microwave them for a few seconds. It only takes a few seconds for the cookies to soften and over heating them will make the cookies harder than they were when you put them in.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Cookie
- baking powder
- kosher salt
- creamy butter
- unsalted sweet cream butter
- brown sugar
- pure vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
Snickerdoodle Recipe without Cream of Tartar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper
In a medium bowl, mix until combined the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside
In a standing mixer, beat together the butter, peanut butter, 3/4 C sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy
Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until dough forms
Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop dough into 2 tbsp scoops onto the cookie sheet
Roll into balls
In a small bowl, mix together the remaining 3/4 C sugar and 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
Roll each ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture
Place cookie dough balls onto the cookie sheet and bake for 13 minutes
Allow to cool before enjoying!
More Great Tasting Dessert Recipes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe – This moist, delicious, and easy to make pumpkin chocolate chip bars recipe is one of the best things you will ever taste. Is there seriously anything better than combining pumpkin and chocolate?
- No Bake Oreo Pie with Chocolate Ganache Recipe – This no-bake oreo pie is out of this world amazing! Decadent, creamy, sweet, and a perfect dessert to end a meal with. You can never go wrong with an oreo pie recipe no bake because you don’t even have to heat the house.
- Pina Colada Pie Recipe – This Pina Colada Pie is beyond amazing! Every bite is filled with toasted coconut with a graham cracker crust and a creamy coconut filling with crushed pineapple, crunchy pecans, and maraschino cherries.
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies – What’s a better dessert – cheesecake or brownies? With these easy Cherry Cheesecake Brownies, you don’t have to choose! Cherry brownies are a tasty twist on a classic brownie.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 2 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 C creamy butter
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 1/2 C sugar divided
- 1/2 C brown sugar2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp ground cin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, mix until combined the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside
- In a standing mixer, beat together the butter, peanut butter, 3/4 C sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until dough forms
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop dough into 2 tbsp scoops onto the cookie sheet
- Roll into balls
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining 3/4 C sugar and 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Roll each ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture
- Place cookie dough balls onto the cookie sheet and bake for 13 minutes
- Allow to cool before enjoying!
Need More Desserts
If you are like me and simply can not get enough lemon desserts, then you are in luck. I have a wide variety of lemon flavored desserts and each one of them is amazing. These sweet treats that have a lemony tang to them are sure to bring a bright burst of flavor to your life. So good, try these lemon desserts.
Chewy Lemon Cookies – If you are looking for the very best chewy lemon cookies ever, this is the recipe you are craving
Soft Homemade Lemon Sugar Cookies – Tasting that first bite of these soft sweet lemon sugar cookies is beyond amazing. They have the right amount of lemon flavor and are scrumptious
Easy Lemon Blueberry Bread Loaf – Want a delicious lemon blueberry bread recipe? I have a great tasting blueberry bread that everyone will love. This is the perfect recipe for breakfast, a snack or dessert.
Buttermilk Lemon Sheet Cake Recipe – Looking for the perfect lemon sheet cake recipe? Look no further. This buttermilk sheet cake recipe is so good. It is easy to make and will be a favorite dessert recipe.
Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake – Moist, delicious lemon blueberry coffee cake is mindblowing good. The aroma of baking the lemon blueberry dessert will make you drool and wish that time could go faster.
Blueberry Lemon Brownies – If you’re looking for the perfect recipe for those plump blueberries, look no further! These Blueberry Lemon Brownies are zingy, tart and perfect for your next summer cookout!