This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Homemade granola packed with crunchy oats, slivered almonds, cashews, coconut, cinnamon and a medley of dried fruit that is sure to keep you going throughout your day. My family loves to eat granola bars and breakfast bars for a quick and easy breakfast option. This granola is perfect sprinkled over yogurt, eaten by the handful, or even with a splash of milk.
My husband and I do a lot of hiking and camping during the warm summer months and we always have some granola stuffed into our back packs. This granola is perfect when hunger strikes, the sweet and salty combination is always satisfying! I sometimes like to add some M&M’s into the mix as well. 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons 100% maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine maple syrup, oil, vanilla extract, and salt. Pour maple syrup mixture over oat mixture and stir well to combine. Spread onto 2 sheet pans. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer into a large bowl. Add dried fruit and mix until combined.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Source: adapted from Alton Brown