Instant Pot Smoked Sausage And Bean Soup
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Oh, the amazing flavors in this Instant Pot smoked sausage and bean soup is out of this world. Perfectly smokey sausage with protein-packed beans is the hearty meal you are looking for. Instant Pot soup is one of my favorite things to make as soon as the weather gets the slightest bit cold outside.
I am excited to share all about this smoked sausage and bean soup, but also I want to go over some helpful information about the Instant Pot if you are just starting out making food in the pressure cooker, no worries! I am going to help you along the way, and you will be a pressure cooker winter soup making pro in no time!
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
How To Make Instant Pot Smoked Sausage and Bean Soup
You will find the more things you make in your Instant Pot, the easier it gets. This soup is simple, flavorful, and the pressure cooker does most of the work! Here are your easy steps:
First Step: Begin by setting the Instant Pot to saute.
Second Step: Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and saute the chopped onion for a few minutes until it begins to soften and becomes translucent.
Third Step: Mix in the minced garlic, and stir to combine. Continue to cook for a minute or so.
Fourth Step: Place 1 pound of boneless pork roast into the Instant Pot, and saute for several minutes until it begins to brown, stir often. You aren’t trying to cook the meat all the way through. Just get a nice sear to the outside of it.
Fifth Step: Sprinkle in the salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mix everything together well.
Sixth Step: Add in 28 ounces of diced tomatoes and one can of rinsed and dried cannellini beans.
Seventh Step: Pour in the can of mashed cannellini beans.
Eighth Step: Pour in the ½ cup of chicken stock.
Ninth Step: Add in a half pound of smoked sausage. Stir everything well and make sure that it’s combined evenly.
Tenth Step: Place the lid on the Instant Pot; make sure the vent is in the closed position and set it on the “Soup” setting for 20 minutes.
Eleventh Step: Let the Instant Pot natural release for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release to relieve the remaining pressure. Take the lid off, and stir. If you want to let the soup cook a little longer, you can turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting to thicken further if needed.
Twelfth Step: Serve hot topped with fresh Parmesan and chopped parsley.
What Does An Instant Pot Do?
An Instant Pot does a little bit of everything. It can be used to saute meat, sauces, and veggies. You can make yogurt in it or steam rice. Another thing you can do is use it as a warmer to keep food hot until you are ready to eat it. Of course, it is a pressure cooker, but you can also use the slow cooker function as well. Pretty much it’s the small kitchen appliance everyone needs in their kitchen.
Is Instant Pot Dangerous?
It can be dangerous if it’s not used correctly! Always consult your manual that comes with it, because it is filled with lots of fabulous information as long as you use it the way you are supposed to you shouldn’t have any issues. It’s very vital to remember to never put more liquid in it that the recipe calls for. Otherwise, you will be cleaning soup off the ceiling for a week.
Never open the vent with your hand because you can get burned badly. Use a dish towel or wooden spoon and keep your face away from the steam. It’s scorching and can burn you if you aren’t careful.
What Are The Benefits Of An Instant Pot?
There are many benefits to making Instant Pot soup and other yummy recipes. Here are some of the best benefits you will get:
- It’s fast! You will save lots of time making food in your pressure cooker.
- The food tastes great. Because of the pressure cooking method, it allows food to really develop flavors so much faster than conventional methods.
- Keeps food sterilized. It boils at such a high heat that it kills germs in your food, making it safer to eat.
- Retains vitamins. Many methods of cooking will cause the vitamins and minerals to diminish, but the pressure cooker allows the nutrients to stay in the dish.
How To Store Instant Pot Soup
You should store leftover smoked sausage and bean soup in an airtight container. Make sure it has cooled completely then you can keep it in the refrigerator. It will last 3-4 days in the fridge. If you can’t eat it by then, you should freeze it.
How To Freeze Pressure Cooker Winter Soup
To freeze the pressure cooker winter soup, pour the soup in freezer safe bags and lay flat. Place on the shelf in the freezer and leave there until its solid. After it’s totally frozen, you can move it to make more room in the freezer. Or you can store the soup in any freezer safe container with a lid. This easy soup recipe will last in the freezer for 4-6 months.
To thaw the soup, place it in the refrigerator overnight. If you are in a hurry, you can place the freezer bag in cold water. It will defrost rather quickly.
Can I Reheat Instant Pot Soup?
Yes, of course, you can reheat Instant Pot soup. Place defrosted soup and put it in a pot on medium-high heat on the stove. Stir frequently until it is steaming or boiling hot. You can also place the leftover soup in a microwave safe bowl and warm it in the microwave. I would heat it for 2 minutes at a time until it’s hot.
What To Serve With Smoked Sausage And Bean Soup
This soup is hearty enough you can eat it alone, but if you like to have a bigger meal, you can add other recipes. Try some of these ideas:
- Roasted Veggies
- Baked Potato
Now, rememeber to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Pork Smoked Sausage And Bean Instant Pot Soup
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Small onion chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb. Boneless pork roast cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ tsp Each salt and pepper
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 28 oz. Diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. Can Cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz. Can Cannellini beans rinsed, drained and mashed.
- ½ c. Chicken stock
- 6 oz. Smoked sausage cut into bite-sized pieces
- Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley for garnish
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Set the Instant Pot to saute.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and saute the chopped onion for a few minutes until it begins to soften.
- Mix in the minced garlic, and stir to combine.
- Place 1 pound of boneless pork roast into the Instant Pot, and saute for several minutes until it begins to brown, stir often.
- Sprinkle in the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Mix the ingredients well.
- Add in 28 ounces of diced tomatoes and one can of rinsed and dried cannellini beans.
- Mix in the can of mashed cannellini beans.
- Pour in ½ cup of chicken stock.
- Add in a half pound of smoked sausage and stir to combine everything completely.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, make sure the vent is in the closed position, and set it on the “Soup” setting for 20 minutes.
- Let the Instant Pot slow release for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release to relieve the remaining pressure. Take the lid off, and stir, letting it cook on saute to thicken further if needed.
- Serve hot topped with fresh Parmesan and chopped parsley.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
More Incredible Recipes To Try:
Ham and Asparagus Casserole – Perfect for busy weeknights or even weekend brunch!
Potato Soup – It’s loaded with cheese for a deliciously creamy and filling slow cooker baked potato soup.
Pumpkin Bread with Maple Icing – This pumpkin bread recipe is an easy pumpkin bread that’s great for sharing