This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
The only way you can make the classic chocolate chip cookie even better is to mix in a hefty dose of one of my favorites…Nutella! I am a fan of anything that has Nutella in it, so when I saw these delicious cookies over on Kim’s blog, Liv Life, I immediately pinned them to make. When we have a jar of Nutella in our pantry, I have no self-control. A spoonful here and a spoonful there and suddenly I am standing in front of the pantry with Nutella all over my face! It’s not pretty! 😀
These cookies lived up to the high expectations that I had. My only regret is that I didn’t make them sooner! Moist and chewy with crisp edges and tons of chocolate chips. Serve warm straight from the oven with a cold glass of milk. If you are feeling crazy, why not throw in a handful of chopped hazelnuts? Now we’re talking, yum!
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, Nutella, sugar, and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add egg, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add vanilla extract and beat until combined. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture, beat to combine. Add chocolate chips and mix until incorporated.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cookies cool on sheets for 2 minutes before transferring cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Source: adapted from Liv Life