A childhood treat in a cookie form! These Orange Creamsicle Cookies are exploding with white chocolate chips and orange zest, giving them an amazing summery taste. Growing up I was absolutely crazy for creamsicles.
The vanilla ice cream surround by a layer of orange flavored ice was always so refreshing on a hot summer day. Last summer I made an incredible orange sherbet that tasted just like a creamsicle and I was in love.
So when I saw this recipe on Susi’s blog I was totally hooked!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange zest, grated
- 12 ounces (2 cups) white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in orange zest and white chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Cool for 3 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.