This year I was super excited to finally have trick-or-treaters come to our house for Halloween. For the past six years Andrew and I have lived in an apartment and never had trick-or-treaters stop by. But not this year! We are finally in a house on a street with lots of young children. So I stocked up on bags of candy anticipating a large crowd. Well, that large crowd never came!
We did have trick-or-treaters, just not as many as I thought we would have. We when lived in Columbus, Ohio we would easily go through at least 10 bags of candy in one night. This year I could have bought two bags and been safe. So needless to say, I have a mountain of candy left! So instead of letting it tempt me by lying around our house, I decided to make some yummy cookies and give them away to my husbands co-workers.
But that didn’t mean I didn’t sneak at least one cookie before I gave them away. 😉 Soft and chewy peanut butter cookies exploding with chunks of Snickers and milk chocolate chips…seriously, does it get much better than that? So whether you bought too much like I did or your kids brought home a carload of sugary sweets, whip up a batch of these addicting cookies. You can thank me later! 😉
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups chopped Snickers candy bars (about 8 fun size bars)
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and the peanut butter together until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the sugars and beat until fully incorporated. Add the egg and mix until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add the milk and the vanilla extract and mix until combined. Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and chopped snickers stirring until no flour pockets remain.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons (about 2 ounces each) onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Gently flatten each cookie ball with the palm of your hand. Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until cookies are slightly brown on the edges.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheets set on a wire rack for 5 before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.