Roasted Green Beans tossed with kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese. This easy side dish takes minutes to throw together and you can even roast these green beans at the last-minute while you finish setting the dinner table. My family loves many vegetables roasted, such as corn on the cob, brussels sprouts and of course these green beans. The kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese mingle together to create a side dish that you family will be begging you to make again and again.
- 1 lb green beans, stem ends snapped off
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato oil
- 1 teaspoon sun-dried tomato oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, quartered lengthwise
- 2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano leaves
- table salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 450 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine green beans, 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato oil and ½ teaspoon salt; toss to coat evenly. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and distribute in even layer. Roast 10 minutes.
- Remove Baking sheet from oven. Using tongs, redistribute beans, continue roasting until beans are dark golden brown in spots and have started to shrivel, 10 to 12 minutes longer.
- While green beans are roasting combine 1 teaspoon sun-dried tomato oil, lemon juice, sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, and fresh oregano in a medium bowl. Add beans; toss well to combine, and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowl, top with ½ c crumbled goat cheese and serve.