Puff pastry is spread with a mixture of Roquefort cheese, walnuts and rosemary and cut into pinwheels for the perfect holiday appetizer. This appetizer is so quick and easy to make! A store bought puff pastry sheet, cheese, walnuts, and rosemary are all you need to prepare this impressive appetizer for you next get together. I served these amazing finger foods on Christmas day for all of my guests and friends to enjoy. They were gobbled up within minutes and a few people were wondering if we had more. 🙂
My friend Beth, who I jokingly like to call my Sous Chef, helped to prepare these delicious pinwheel appetizers. We cooked and cooked to prepare a wonderful Christmas dinner complete with amazing appetizers and delicious desserts. We had such a wonderful Holiday feast, I hope you enjoyed your time with family and friends during this “most wonderful time of the year”. If you are looking for a great appetizer to serve at your new years eve celebration, look no further, these are sure to be a smash hit! 🙂
- 1 sheet puff pastry (11 X 14 inches), thawed
- 3 ounces Roquefort cheese, at room temperature
- 2-4 tablespoons heavy (double) cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out puff pastry to 1/4 inch thick. Cut in half lengthwise.
- In a medium bowl, combine cheese and enough cream to make a spreadable paste. Spread half the mixture on one half of the prepared puff pastry, spreading to within 1/4 inch of the edges. Sprinkle with walnuts and rosemary. Starting from the long side, roll up pastry sheet and pinch the seal to seal. Repeat with other half of the puff pastry. Using a sharp knife, cut the rolls crosswise into slices 1/2 inch thick. Place on prepared baking sheet spacing the rolls 1 inch apart. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet and bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until rolls are puffed and golden. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.