Love cake? Want the Best Cake Recipe Ever? This is the best cake recipe you will ever need. Gluten free, sugar free and dairy free, once you try it, it will be your go-to cake recipe for all occasions.
The Best Cake Recipe Ever
I have tried a lot of cakes. Some were good. Some were great. But there is only one cake that I can honestly say is the best cake ever. It’s light and fluffy texture, combined with the delicious icing and fresh fruit on top all work together to create a truly amazing bite. But the best part about this best cake ever recipe is that it’s gluten-free and dairy-free!
Can I make this a Gluten Free Cake
What is great about the best cake recipe ever is that it is gluten free. That means you do not have to make any changes in order to make this a gluten free cake. Often times, when you are trying to take a traditional cake recipe and make it gluten free, something gets lost in the conversions and the cake isn’t quite the same. That is not the case with this recipe.
Is this a Keto Cake Recipe?
Yes! You can eat this cake if you are on the keto diet. All the ingredients in this cake recipe are keto-friendly. In place of traditional flour, this recipe uses low-carb flours (almond flour and coconut flour). This cake is also sugar free and uses a natural sweetener (stevia) to add sweetness to the recipe. The only change you may need to make to the original recipe is to use sugar free sprinkles. If you don’t have any sugar free rainbow sprinkles on hand, simply leave them out of the recipe. The cake will still taste amazing without them!
Best Vanilla Cake Recipe Variations
While I think this recipe is the best cake ever just as it is, there are a few different ways you can mix it up to suit your own tastes.Here are a few Best Vanilla Cake Recipe Variations to change this recipe:
- Chopped nuts: Instead of topping the cake with fresh strawberry slices, consider topping it with chopped nuts instead. Pecans, almonds, and walnuts would all make perfect cake toppings for this best cake ever recipe.
- Dried Fruit: If fresh strawberries aren’t available during the season you’re making this best cake ever recipe, consider using dried fruit instead. Raisins or dried cranberries are a great option, in addition to dried pineapple or dried apricot. To use dried fruit in this recipe, simply sprinkle the dried fruit on top of the cake instead of using fresh strawberries.
Is This Cake Allergy Friendly
This best cake ever recipe is very allergy-friendly. If you have a gluten intolerance, you’ll love this recipe. The almond flour and coconut flour used in this recipe are both gluten-free, making it perfect for anyone who doesn’t eat gluten.
The cake and icing are also both dairies free. Instead of traditional milk, both the cake and the icing use almond milk. And in place of butter, this best cake ever recipe uses coconut oil.
While this cake is great for those who are gluten- and dairy-free, people with egg allergies should steer clear of this cake. The recipe has six eggs in it.
How to Store the Best Cake Ever
To keep your best cake ever fresh, it will need to be stored in the refrigerator. While this best cake ever recipe is made without dairy, it still uses almond milk in the cake and icing. And just like traditional milk, almond milk will spoil if left unrefrigerated for an extended period of time. To make sure your dairy free cake is safe to eat, be sure to place it in the refrigerator when you’re finished eating it.
Can I Freeze Easy Cake Recipes from Scratch?
I can’t believe you have leftover slices of this amazing cake! But if you do, you can freeze them to eat them later. To freeze the easy cake recipes, slice the cake into individual slices, then wrap each slice in plastic wrap. Place the wrapped cake slices in the freezer to enjoy at a later time. When you’re ready to dig into your cake again, just remove a slice from the freezer and place it on a plate. The cake can safely thaw at room temperature in the plastic wrap. You should be able to enjoy your slice of the best cake ever in a couple of hours after removing it from the freezer!
Ingredients in the Best Cake Recipe
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- coconut oil
- Almond milk
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Vanilla extract
- cashews (soak for 24 hours before using)
- strawberries for decorating
How to Make the Best Cake Recipe Ever
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare two cake pans by greasing them with nonstick cooking spray.
Combine the eggs, melted coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Beat the ingredients with a hand mixer to combine.
In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and stevia. Whisk the ingredients to combine.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Beat until just combined, then fold in the rainbow sprinkles.
Pour the batter for this best cake ever recipe evenly into the greased cake pans and spread it until smooth. Bake the cakes for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
While the cakes are cooling, prepare your icing by combining the soaked cashews, almond milk, coconut oil, stevia, and vanilla extract in the bowl of a food processor. Process the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
Place one cake on a plate and top with icing. Place the second cake on top and spread a layer of icing over that cake. Top the best cake ever with fresh sliced strawberries (optional).
More Keto-friendly Recipes
- Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Loaded Cauliflower Bake
- Garlic Butter Meatballs with Lemon Zucchini Noodles Recipe
- Loaded Cauliflower Bake
- Garlic Butter Chicken with Parmesan Cauliflower Rice
For the Cake:
- 3 c. Almond flour
- ½ c Coconut flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp Stevia
- ½ c Melted coconut oil
- 6 Eggs
- ⅓ c Almond milk
- 3 tbsp Rainbow sprinkles
- 4 tsp Vanilla extract
- Sliced strawberries for decorating
For the Icing:
- 1 c Soaked cashews (soak for 24 hours before using)
- ¼ c Almond milk
- 2 tbsp Melted coconut oil
- ⅛ tsp Stevia
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, melted coconut oil, almond milk and vanilla extract. Beat to combine well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and stevia. Mix the ingredients together well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the rainbow sprinkles.
- Pour the batter evenly into two greased cake pans, spread it out smoothly, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool completely.
- Place the soaked cashews, almond milk, coconut oil, stevia and vanilla extract for the icing into a food processor or high powered blender, and mix on high until smooth and creamy.
- Place one layer of cake onto a plate. Apply a layer of frosting to the top of the layer of cake.
Now, time to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂