Garlic Butter Chicken with Parmesan Cauliflower Rice
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
This garlic butter chicken with cheesy cauliflower rice is a flavorful, delicious, and easy meal the entire family will love. When you taste the garlic butter sauce for chicken, you will be hooked for life! It’s seriously so scrumptious!
Chicken is the go-to protein in our house. It’s typically the cheapest to buy to feed a family, and it’s one thing I don’t have to fight the kids on eating. However, the same few chicken recipes get old after a while. There are a couple of family favorites that I’ll always keep in rotation, like Pineapple Chicken, Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings, and Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken, but I love to try new recipes as frequently as possible.
This garlic butter chicken, which I typically make with cheesy cauliflower rice, is one of those recipes that makes your mouth water when you think about it. Cooking chicken breast in pan is so quick and easy too! With just a few ingredients, I’m able to make a flavorful dinner that the entire family loves.
Scroll to bottom for printable recipe card.
Garlic Butter Chicken
The garlic butter chicken portion of this recipe is simple. The chicken is coated with a mixture of Parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic and paprika then cooked in a skillet with melted butter. Since the garlic is in the breading, the flavor comes through in every bite. It is my favorite boneless chicken recipe!
I cut my chicken breasts in half length-wise, so two chicken breasts are four portions, enough to feed the entire family.
Cheesy Cauliflower Rice
Now let’s talk about this cheesy cauliflower rice. It’s an easy cauliflower rice recipe that is absolutely delicious. Cauliflower rice is so much healthier than regular rice, even when loaded with cheese because you get all of the health benefits of cauliflower. While you can make cauliflower rice from scratch, I like to just buy frozen cauliflower rice for my easy cauliflower rice recipe because it just saves so much time.
I love cauliflower rice because when cooked properly, it tastes just like regular rice. You can do so much with it and prepare it to taste like almost anything you want, and it’s great when you’re craving a carb-filled rice side dish but don’t want the carbs.
This cheesy cauliflower rice is loaded with garlic, making it the perfect side dish for skillet chicken. Cooking chicken breast in pan is even better because you cook the cauliflower in the same skillet. In fact, I recommend it because it provides extra flavor for the easy cauliflower rice.
How To Make Garlic Butter Chicken:
This boneless chicken recipe is loaded with flavor, and I am so excited to share it with you. When you taste the garlic butter sauce for chicken, it will become a household favorite for you too! You are just a few steps away from juicy roasted garlic chicken.
Step 1: On a small plate, combine parmesan cheese, paprika, Italian seasoning, and two cloves of minced garlic. Stir ingredients together to make sure seasonings are blended together all the way through.
Step 2: Season each of the four portions of chicken with salt and pepper, press them into the parmesan mixture and coat both sides of each piece well.
Step 4: While using the same skillet you cooked chicken in, melt two tablespoons of butter. Toss in the chopped onion and garlic cook until fragrant for approximately 1 minute.
Step 5: Next, add in the riced cauliflower, and cook for 1 minute.
Boneless Chicken Recipe Variations
Skillet chicken is versatile and goes with a variety of foods. Try it in many ways, because they are all fabulous! Here are some of my top variations for this garlic parmesan chicken:
- Mashed Potatoes – The garlic butter sauce for chicken also tastes terrific on a bed of milky white mashed potatoes. Give it a try!
- Red Pepper Flakes – If you are looking for a little bit of heat, at a teaspoon or two of red pepper flakes to the breading mixture.
- Brown Rice – Not watching your carbs or are out of cauliflower rice? No problem, make some brown rice as directed and add it just after you are cooking chicken breast in pan. Yum!
- Scalloped Potatoes – Having a little bit of cheesy goodness and pairing it with this boneless chicken recipe is a perfect combination.
How Can You Tell If Chicken Breast Is Cooked?
Skillet chicken is done the cooking when you pierce the chicken breast with a fork or knife, and the juices run clear. Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature. When the garlic chicken breast is done, it will be at least 165 degrees F.
If you notice that the chicken is red or bright pink, then it’s not finished cooking, and you should keep it in the skillet for longer. You can get very ill from eating raw or under-cooked chicken breasts.
On the contrary, if you overcook the chicken, it will be rubbery, dry, and not as appealing.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs For This Garlic Butter Chicken Recipe?
Yes, you can use chicken thighs for this garlic chicken recipe. You will need to increase the cooking time to around 12 minutes. This roasted garlic chicken recipe is really forgiving, and you can make several adjustments to meet your preferences.
How Do I Store Leftover Skillet Chicken?
If you end up with leftovers of this boneless chicken recipe, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge. Glass or plastic container is fine. It will last on average of 3-4 days. This garlic butter chicken is great for meal planning because it makes excellent leftovers.
Another option is to freeze any leftover roasted garlic chicken. It will keep for 1-2 months in the freezer with no problems.
Heat it up by warming it in a skillet with a little bit of oil, or you can microwave covered with a paper towel until it’s hot.
What Can I Serve With Garlic Butter Chicken?
The best part about this boneless chicken recipe is that it is a one-pot meal! Fewer dishes to clean and you don’t really have to keep an eye on much. If you do want to make a more substantial meal, here are some sides that go great with it:
- Vegetables – Any kind of roasted or cooked veggies make a great combination with this garlic chicken breast. Peas, green beans, and corn are my go-to favorites.
- Salad – Start your dinner off with a garden or caesar salad. It’s the perfect starter for this garlic chicken recipe. Plus, think of all the added nutrients you are getting.
- Dinner rolls – Is it possible to have a meal without some good old bread and butter or dinner rolls? Make your own or buy pre-packed rolls to complete your meal.
- Fresh Fruit – I love to serve fresh fruit with many of my meals because it’s healthy, quick, and easy! No effort means less time I have to spend working in the kitchen too.
- Dessert – Don’t forget the most important part! Dessert! My brown sugar pecan roll bread or cherry cheesecake brownies are a great way to finish off this meal.
Is Chicken Breast Healthy?
Yes, actually chicken breast is very healthy! It’s low sodium and low-fat food that also happens to be flavorful and easy to cook too. It’s the perfect protein to give you fuel to make it through the day.
This entire meal is pretty healthy too. The cauliflower is loaded with vitamin C, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin K, and vitamin B6. So eat up because you will be giving your body lots of healthy nutrients when you have this boneless chicken recipe.
Pin this delish Garlic Butter Chicken with Parmesan Cauliflower Rice recipe for later
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Garlic Butter Chicken with Parmesan Cauliflower Rice
For the Chicken:
- 2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise to for 4 portions
- Salt and pepper
- ½ c. Grated parmesan
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 2 Cloves of garlic grated
- 4 tbsp. Butter
For the Cauliflower:
- 3 c. Riced cauliflower
- ½ Onion chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable or chicken stock
- ¼ c. Chopped parsley
- Red pepper flakes, optional
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Combine ½ c. parmesan cheese, 1 tsp. Paprika,, 1 tsp. Italian seasoning and 2 cloves of grated garlic on a plate. Stir to combine the ingredients well.
- Season each of the four portions of chicken with salt and pepper, press them into the parmesan mixture and coat both sides of each piece well.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat in a skillet. Cook the chicken until it is browned on both sides and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet, and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add in the chopped onion and minced garlic. Cook for 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add in the riced cauliflower, and cook for 1 minute.
- Mix in the vegetable or chicken stock, half of the parsley, and the juice from one lemon. Cook for 2 minutes and sprinkle with a little remaining parmesan cheese.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet, and top with the remaining parsley as well as additional salt and pepper to taste.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Make sure you check my best recipes below:
Mississippi Pot Roast – This one of the easiest, most flavorful pot roast recipes you’ll ever make.
Crock Pot Whole Roasted Chicken with Summer Vegetables – Delicious and easy, this crock pot whole roasted chicken is the dinner of your dreams! Plus, whole roasted chicken is moist, flavorful, and pleases my entire family.
Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Potatoes – An easy pork chop recipe and a real comfort food meal the entire family will love.
Stuffed Pepper Soup in the Slow Cooker – This special and easy stuffed pepper soup is our top readers budget slow cooker meals, great for feeding the entire family on a budget!
BBQ Pulled Slow Cooked Pork Sandwiches – The BEST BBQ pulled pork sandwiches you’ll ever taste in your life! Simple!