This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Toasted almonds, milk chocolate, and toffee bits…does it get much better than this? I think not! 😉 I love toffee and when I came across this toffee square recipe I had to make them.
These are perfect for cookie exchanges, gifts for your neighbors, or you can keep them all for yourself. My friend Jennifer was planning on hosting a cookie exchange at our work on one of the last days before winter break. Always jumping on the opportunity to eat cookies, I signed up! The teachers had a whole week to sign up and Jennifer told me yesterday that only two people from our staff signed up! Can you guess who those two people where? That’s right me and Jennifer!! Ugh! So this one’s for you Jennifer!
I will bring these into work on Monday for you, that is if we don’t inhale them all ourselves. I make no promises! 😉
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate toffee bits
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray 9-by-13 inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan pushing it into corners and letting the parchment extend up the two short sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. Fit second sheet of parchment paper in pan in same manner, perpendicular to first sheet. Spray sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the almonds (3/4 cup) onto a baking sheet and place in preheated oven 8-10 minutes until fragrant. Shake the baking sheet halfway through baking so the nuts will toast evenly. Remove nuts from oven and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg yolk, vanilla, and salt. On low speed, gradually beat in the flour just until mixed. The dough will be stiff. Pat the dough evenly over the bottom of the baking pan.
- Bake in the center of the oven until pale gold on top, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and scatter the chocolate pieces evenly over the crust. Return the pan to the oven for 1 minute. Remove the pan again and, using a knife, spread the chocolate evenly over the crust. Sprinkle evenly with the almonds and toffee bits.
- Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Remove bars from pan using parchment handles and transfer to cutting board. Cut into bars.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!