After years of making applesauce on the stove top, I stumbled across this recipe for baked applesauce and knew I had to give it a try. This recipe couldn’t be easier, just cut, season and bake-that’s it! I never buy applesauce from the store anymore, it is just too easy to make at home. Besides when you make it in your own kitchen you can decide how much sugar and spices go into it. There is nothing better than making applesauce with apples hand-picked by yours truly. Not only is applesauce great by itself, I love to bake with it, put some in my morning oatmeal and place a dollop on top of grilled pork chops. Trust me-applesauce and pork chops are a match made in heaven! 😀
One Year Ago: Peanut Butter Delight Pupcakes
- 4 large tart apples, cored, peeled and sliced (16 wedges for each apple)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash allspice
- dash ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place apples in a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and vanilla. Sprinkle over apples. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender. Mash with a fork and serve.
Yields: 4 servings
Source: adapted from Allrecipes.com