Instant Pot Apple Pepper Jelly Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy.
Easy Instant Pot Apple Pepper Jelly Recipe
There are so many recipes that call for pepper jelly. It is a great tasting jelly that is perfect for adding to savory dishes, put on crackers and even onto cheeses. With this simple apple pepper jelly recipe, you can make your own pepper jelly and have it on hand for any time.
Ways to Use Pepper Jelly
If you have never had pepper jelly you might be wondering how you even use pepper jelly. That is the first reaction for many people. But once you have had your first taste, you are going to want to try it in many different ways. Here are just a few ideas how to use pepper jelly.
- Use it as a Glaze: When making pork chops or chicken, especially over wings, use this jelly to make a glaze. It will add amazing flavor to the meat.
- Cream Cheese or Brie Appetizer: This jelly can be used to make a tasty appetizer for get-togethers or parties. It can also be used just as a snack. Using brie or cream cheese, you can add the apple pepper jelly and mix it together or for a stunning presentation, pour the jelly over the top and let it run down the sides.
- Add it a Sandwich: This jelly will go great on any type of sandwich. Use it on grilled cheese to give it a punch or use it on an egg sandwich. You can even use this jelly alone on a sandwich. Mix it together with mayo or aioli.
- Use in stir fry: When making your favorite Asian recipes, stir in a bit of this apple pepper jelly with soy sauce to create a flavorful sauce.
Can you can pepper jelly recipe in the Instant Pot?
Is this a spicy jalapeno pepper jelly?
While you might hear the name jalapeno pepper jelly and think it has to be spicy, it actually isn’t. Because of the bell pepper in this recipe, it calms the heat from the jalapeno. As you are eating this kelly, you will feel a slight bit of heat from the jalapeno but this is more of flavor than spicy.
Ingredients for pepper jelly recipe
- Red Bell Pepper
- Green Bell Pepper
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Granulated Sugar
- Certo Fruit Pectin
How to make an apple pepper jelly in the Instant Pot
Mix the red pepper, green pepper, and jalapeños with sugar in the instant pot.
Let them sit for 30 minutes.
Add the Apple cider.
Close instant pot and press pressure valve to the sealed position.
Set on manual for 1 minute.
Release pressure naturally for at 15 minutes.
Carefully release the pressure valve and remove the top.
Using a hand blender or a potato masher, blend/mash mixture until desired consistency.
Turn Instant Pot to ‘saute’ function and allow the pepper jam to come to a simmer/boil.
Add your pectin.
Stir to combine.
Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Turn pot off.
Allow mixture to cool and then pour into jars.
More Recipes You Might Like
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Potatoes This slow cooker pork chops and potatoes is a great meal idea. It is easy to make thanks to the slow cooker One bite of these tender pork chops and this will become fast family favorite.
- Slow Cooker Shepherd Pie – Shepherd Pie is a family favorite and this recipe is so good. Another slow cooker recipe, this is a great way to use up extra mashed potatoes.
- Garlic Chicken Stir Fry Recipe – This is a delicious garlic chicken stir fry recipe. This Asian inspired stir fry would taste fantastic with the addition of the apple jelly pepper.
- Ranch Chicken Wraps – If you have extra chicken from a previous meal, this ranch chicken wrap recipe is a great way to use it up. Perfect with leftovers or with freshly cooked chicken, this wrap is great for lunches and dinners.
- Easy Beef Stew – Looking for another classic comfort food? It doesn’t get any better than easy beef stew. Warm and comforting, this stew is easy to make and is great any time of year.
Pin this recipe now to remember it later
Instant Pot Apple Pepper Jelly Recipe
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 whole Green Bell Pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 5 whole Jalapeno Peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 package Certo Fruit Pectin
- Mix the red pepper, green pepper, and jalapeños with sugar in the instant pot.
- Let them sit for 30 minutes.
- Add the Apple cider.
- Close instant pot and press pressure valve to the sealed position.
- Set on manual for 1 minute.
- Release pressure naturally for at 15 minutes.
- Carefully release the pressure valve and remove the top.
- Using a hand blender or a potato masher, blend/mash mixture until desired consistency.
- Turn Instant Pot to 'saute' function and allow the pepper jam to come to a simmer/boil.
- Add your pectin.
- Stir to combine.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Turn pot off.
- Allow mixture to cool and then pour into jars.
Follow me on Pinterest for daily delicious recipes!
Now, time to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂